Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 02:12 AM
Fire Giant

You know, the hole is the one zone making groups where I would save a spot for a druid. Also, if you like to group with enchanters I can't count the number of times I found an enchanter busy soloing ent or further in only to join us. Best hole group: Tank, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Enchanter, Enchanter (charming capturer rog pets)
Old 02-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Kobold

Great writeup.

As an enchanter I can add a couple things...
Highest level golems and undeads(level 54) can not be stunned, mezzed or feared, root is your friend for CC on these.
Ghoulbane is another good weapon to give your pet at undead city.
You can snear/fear in the "pit" if you are careful - goes great with charmed rogue pet.
The Ghost of Kindle dont social agro the other mobs in the zone and can be pulled to zoneline with "tag and gate" tactics. (non kos enchanter binds at ZL then jumps in at Master Yael, runs up to kindle with IVU and tag with crit calm to keep range and out of sight so you have time to get gate off. Calm the last undead before top of stairs to Kindle)

Trio dock group CLR WAR ENC is one of the most fun and challenging groups I have done in EverQuest. During 2xXp weekend you could walk from zoneline to docks and not get agro, first and only time I ever saw this zone alive - it was awsome. Lets open up the hole to more visitors!

Edit; The 3 teleports just off city takes you to: Paineel observatory, inside Erudin.. somewhere and Neriak 3rd gate. Neriak teleporter had a guard that quickly sent my poor lvl 1 rogue back to paineel.
Last edited by REMEZ; 02-26-2016 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: reasons
Old 02-26-2016, 07:10 AM
Sarnak

I duo'd there with a friend as a mage/cleric. We did the zone in all the way up to the castle bridge where there usually is a lvl49-52 golem that hits like a truck and can summon. Lull/pacify lets you break up the entrance, and with the zone in being so close by, the only thing you will lose on a crit resist is mana. The money is okay thanks to gems and decent drops that tend to be lore, but the xp is amazing.

We later had an enchanter join and we did the whole castle crawl, but there literally isn't anything of note in there. Still, high mob density and good xp. Going in further means you really need to familiarize yourself with the spawns and paths, because it is easy to end up with a large pull AND having asshole mobs healing the one you're fighting through walls and buildings.

Great zone and one of those rare places a magician/cleric can absolutely wreck face.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:26 AM
Aviak

<3 this zone, nothing like a good Hole spelunkin session

Superranger Uselessranger, 60 Ranger of Azure Guard !
Old 02-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Orc

nice post and indeed and underrated zone for both xp and loots. loam armor and epic pieces!

the biggest and obvious drawback is the CR if your group does wipe. you NEED a wizard or druid with evac ready incase shit goes way south. or i'll be carrying coffins. otherwise an absolutely fun dungeon crawl worth getting into.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Orc

wait, what am i saying?

the hole sucks. please, no one ever go there.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solutionx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice post and indeed and underrated zone for both xp and loots. loam armor and epic pieces!

the biggest and obvious drawback is the CR if your group does wipe. you NEED a wizard or druid with evac ready incase shit goes way south. or i'll be carrying coffins. otherwise an absolutely fun dungeon crawl worth getting into.
Did you read the past of the write up on corpse recovery? Very easily minimized with your level 1 rogue. You can even consent your own corpse to your rogue for dragging.

People will indeed die in this zone if they aren't well prepared, if you take a little time to get used to how things work it will be much safer than you think.

Part of what I like is most people that come here are excellent players and fill their group role very well.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, the hole is the one zone making groups where I would save a spot for a druid. Also, if you like to group with enchanters I can't count the number of times I found an enchanter busy soloing ent or further in only to join us. Best hole group: Tank, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Enchanter, Enchanter (charming capturer rog pets)
Best group I had here was 2 enchanters, shaman w/ epic, druid with manastone, cleric, and I was tanking (as a 54 monk). We completely owned shop, went through golems and undead like butter. For level 54 my exp bar was flying.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Kobold

I made some of my best friends in a pickup group in the Hole. I'd join a Hole group over LCY in KC any day.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 02-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter how much you sugar coat and hand hold you will never break peoples need to feel safe, I got through reading about half of this before thinking no matter one tries you will go through about 30 people to make a group of 6 which will flop after one death/wipe/someone gets bored
Jauna, I'm sorry you've had bad experiences here. I remember you were in my group and we had a shaman who was gonna help heal and wasn't used to it so caused an early death that broke up group. That is the exception to the rule, I encourage you to give it another try in one of my teams (I will take care of the group recruiting).

With a puller that knows this zone and splits when appropriate the risk is fairly low of a wipe, just pick up the golems on incoming and there shouldn't be much of a problem. I haven't had a death in one of my groups in quite a while.

Bards can actually make excellent tanks here in addition to DPS / CC, I will update that in the wiki.
Closed Thread