Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Only been here once and I'd really like to see it again. I'll be on today. Blizzards 55 shammy
Old 02-26-2016, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

The Hole is definitely a great zone. It was always one of my favorite spots to casually duo when leveling up my warrior and enchanter (and cleric on red). One of the most fun dungeon crawls I ever did was when me, shinko, and someone else I can't remember trio'd up from the bottom. It actually required all of us to pay attention and push our team work to the limit.

One negative I didn't notice you mention (although I only skimmed) was how ridiculoisly MR the ghosts are. Mezzing, charming, rooting, calming (at least ench/clr line) and slowing are ridiculously inconsistent once you get to the ghost area. It is definitely still doable, but dealing with high MR mobs definitely takes a bit more planning.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Large Rat

Definitely going to make an effort to get into this zone. I don't remember much of it other than the yael fights from live.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jauna, I'm sorry you've had bad experiences here.
It is the same thing with Kedge, it is the same thing with Runnyeye, same thing with all other lesser populated zones.

Take away the safety net of so few people, depending on others for a corpse run, no escape, and requiring an almost perfect group and people do not want to go there.

Yeah, sure, folks may have fond memories of going there with a group of trusted friends who knows the place and have a great time with loot and whatnot but .. scary heading into a place like this with pugs. Especially when someone says "bard tank" and "non-torpor shaman healer who is also on slow duty"
Old 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is the same thing with Kedge, it is the same thing with Runnyeye, same thing with all other lesser populated zones.

Take away the safety net of so few people, depending on others for a corpse run, no escape, and requiring an almost perfect group and people do not want to go there.

Yeah, sure, folks may have fond memories of going there with a group of trusted friends who knows the place and have a great time with loot and whatnot but .. scary heading into a place like this with pugs. Especially when someone says "bard tank" and "non-torpor shaman healer who is also on slow duty"
What you need for all of these zones is an FD puller who knows the zone, basically. Or a really good enchanter to deal with overpulls. If you have one of those two things you can slop the rest. Even a trash composition group can deal with singles.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 02-26-2016, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The argument you make here can be the same argument made for OS in terms of pugs, no escape, and corpse recovery. Sure that zone is populated where other groups can help you with recovery, but I'm trying to say people can work to change that and make this zone more populated.

In terms of bard tanking I wouldn't recommend they be less than 54 and you would want a cleric and good dps in group. I've done this in groups here and seen it done just fine. Most freak out when I ask them but they wind up enjoying it.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Id be down to do some hole on my 54 monk, pretty ridiculously twinked

Shoot me a PM if anyone is planning on taking a trip
Old 02-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

All the popular leveling dungeons on P99 (Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore, CoM, Karnors) have one thing in common: Outdoors so you can SoW.

People like to have the option of training out.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

59 Bard here -

How effective is my Occlusion of Sound on these high MR targets?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

OOS is unresistable (unless the mob is MR immune), but that doesn't mean it will lower the mobs resist enough for them to be mezzed. Can't hurt though.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread