Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Will the same anti-cheat protections be viable with this older client as with Titanium?
Old 01-15-2018, 02:40 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the same anti-cheat protections be viable with this older client as with Titanium?
Something like P99 does can be done easily in any closed-source client modification. As this is more of an 'open-ended' mod that I'd like to eventually share with other programmers, this kind of thing is outside of the scope of what I am trying to do.

Short answer: Yes. There's no MQ2 for the client in question and no XML-based interface, so it'd be extremely hard for even someone like eqmule to put together anything of value MQ2-wise for this client. That's not to say it's not impossible to do a MySEQ style application, but it severely limits the capability of what you can do with the client.

Cheating in EverQuest beyond 'SEQ'-style applications are easily detected on the server, regardless of any client-side protections and will never be a concern.

Also, as the target project for this is TAKProject, which has GM-enforced rotations, cheating will never be a concern as you only get a personal advantage as opposed to a leg up on another guild.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 01-15-2018, 06:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVBMvZx30Po

doors/lifts now work. sup

Old 01-15-2018, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Does the screen 'freeze' whenever a Windows UAC prompt is brought into focus?

This is one of the annoyances with the Titanium client where when I am playing if a UAC comes into focus for credentials, it causes the screen to freeze even though you can still hear audibly action going on in the background. My fix for this annoyance is to switch screen modes, Fullscreen -> Windowed, or visa versa.

Because you mentioned earlier that this project allows the running in a window, I wondered if it would suffer from this kind of annoyance.

Cheers
Old 01-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

That screenshot really flashes back some thick nostalgia. Oh...memories of the first time I logged into this game. Back when we were all horrible at EQ and knew nothing about the game. When we'd romp over to LFay only to get gang banged by brownies. I'm not sure exactly how we even managed with that thing starting out. The viewing area is so damn small.

Side question if you happen to see this: I know via the old "super-classic" UI, when opening your spell book you'd have to stare at your spells and make sure the "Meditate" button was pushed in. Is that an issue with this UI? I know this was remedied later by sitting = meditation, so it's probably an irrelevant question.

In closing, you said it was a ways off, but I'd love to use this to some degree when the product is finished. I have no coding or computer aptitude, so the only thing I can do is wish you well! It makes me happy that people are still working on things like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a job unlike the entire guilds of Awakened/Aftermath that requires attention.
Oh and even a zinger tossed in there!? I like you.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+ toon name
Old 01-15-2018, 11:42 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the screen 'freeze' whenever a Windows UAC prompt is brought into focus?
I don't use UAC so I wouldn't know, sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My guess is it'd work but perform a 'device reset' and have similar functionality to hitting ctrl alt delete in Win10, which currently doesn't cause a freeze or crash, but instead makes the UI look trippy until you move the mouse over the screen like some Windows 98 application freeze used to do.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:25 PM
Kobold

start a patreon, i want this
Old 01-15-2018, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

This is cool. Right now TAKP's mac client is a little on the buggy side for me (I'm on a mac, also), so I'd be interested in trying out the Trilogy client just to see if that's better.

Getting it to work with p99 is probably just a pipe dream [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 01-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Banned

Xhe’s doing Tunare’s work
Closed Thread