Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Orc

Default Best Hunting Ground For A Lvl 6 Troll SK?

'Ey guys!

It's my first time leveling a non-iksar character and need some leveling advice. I'm currently in EC and between starting out in West Freeport and picking off blues and whites in and around EC, I've managed to make it to lvl 6. Problem is I have no idea where to go to level better/faster from here. XD Trying to find stuff wandering freely that gives decent exp has gotten harder (everything' either too low or too high) and I don't think I'm QUITE high enough yet to join up with an orc camp group.

Any ideas?
Old 05-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Orc

I usually do my leveling at level 6 in neriak forest or EC, but I would recommend neriak as there are lot of wolf, spider and bear easy to kill. They give some good loot you can sell for few plats. They should be either blue or white.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Hi!

I just recently got 'back on the horse' and rolled a Troll Shaman, currently 18; and I struggled pretty hard through those lower levels as well.

personally, I stayed in innothule until 9 doing froglocks/kobalds/lil fungus guys around upper guk entrance. that got me high enough to get into an orc group in EC, which carried me to 12ish, until I could group at crocs in oasis.

running back to the swamp might be a bit much; otherwise I think the quickest way through to 9/10ish where you can group at orc's would be to get a regen/crack from a kind tunnel dweller, and grind on the blues/whites in EC.

might have better luck in Nektulos too, doing bears/zombies/skele's until 9 or 10.

just my 2c. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Try the undead trio in Nektulos, good til level 9.

Zone into Nektulos from EC, turn right...they're right there (sometimes camped).

If a lesser mummy spawns on the right hand side ask in ooc/shout if a high level passing through can kill it.

Respawn is 6 minutes and they can be pulled solo.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Kobold

I don't have any leveling ideas unfortunately. I am however looking to buy spiderling silks which likely you will come across in your travels. I can't have too many of them. 20pp a stack.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Orc

I'll definitely send you a PM once I get a sizable collection of those silks for ya, TKoji! =3

Thanks for all the fantastic advice, guys! About to go try my luck over at the undead ruins in Nektulos and see how much progress I can make there. =3
Old 05-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Aviak

I killed stuff right out side guk until about level 8 and then went inside. You can kill the entry frogs for a bit and then move to the crocs. Pretty good ZEM in guk and I always liked leveling in dungeons.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try the undead trio in Nektulos, good til level 9.

Zone into Nektulos from EC, turn right...they're right there (sometimes camped).

If a lesser mummy spawns on the right hand side ask in ooc/shout if a high level passing through can kill it.

Respawn is 6 minutes and they can be pulled solo.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Banned

Rolled a troll and you didnt go to upper guk!?!?

Sorry to say, you are wrong. Get your life together troll. Kill frogs. Kill all the frogs and flourish.
Closed Thread