Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeffo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the suggestions. I've walked thru sro/oasis/nro a few times so far and I've never seen anybody at orc road or crocs. Not used to such a tiny (and twinked) low level playerbase... but I guess I did start a bit late :P

Mostly I just want to get to a level (30? 45? 50?) where I have the majority of my SK tools/spells and can do some pulling and soloing in risky areas. Low level SK is very one-sided and weak =/
You can solo now, it's not that much fun, even at my level. I spent a little time in Lavastorm in early teens soloing though that was fun. Even if youre not twinked, you spend enough time around and people will just give you gear. I've been handed or sold things really cheap too. I'm fnally just looting stuff now that I can actually equip as good gear.

My best advice though is enjoy the lower levels. When I re-started again a year ago I had a blast grouping in EC and Oasis. It seems like the 20's are really just a rush to get to the 30's. I'm pretty much just going through now so I can get my spells at 30, then I'm gonna spend good time in Kunark.

I'm lucky to get on a few hours a week though, so my progress is very slow. And Summer I barely played. But I like it because Im enjoying the game, Im not rushing to get all these characters to 60 or farming a spot for days. Just killing some stuff, making some loot every now and again.

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Last edited by plasma1010; 01-10-2018 at 01:30 PM..
Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New Here!

First time p99'er,. waiting on IP exemption for wife and I to play together, got a friend joining as well. we all haven't played since.. well 17+ years ago.. any help/guidance would be amazing! IGNAME-Chayularasa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2018, 11:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The new guys are out there. Sometimes they are hard to spot! I recently started again fresh account lost my info on the last, with a rl bud. By the time we made it to ec and scrounging plat. We had an I'll run in with some one who was giving us crap for begging. We were not just looking for cheap super low items to get a little leg up. In a top heavy server you'd think there was some to be had. We explained it to him and he apologized and hooked it up with 1500 plat! Now we have a major leg up and are easily duo in befallen. We are clr pld. It's amazing that the community on this game retains its play nice. I play a lot of final fantasy 14. Ironically on the same server as mellyn. It's nothing but salt and low tolerance towards people learning. It's discouraging at times. It refreshing to go back to something were people are nice , willing to lend a hand and not selfishly throw salt your way cuz your not helping then in any way. My hats off to all you old timers it's good to be back.
Closed Thread