Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar is the master race
Old 05-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastignac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went Ogre Shaman. I've loved every minute of it. Sure, you don't get the regen, but frontal stun immunity is the gift that keeps giving.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Banned

enchanters and shamans are the top two farming classes in the game. they are excellent choices for a first character.

enchanters are the top must-kill class in any PvP situation as their dispels and crowd control spells are devastating if left unchecked. they have a hard time killing anyone geared 1v1 due to everyone running around with high magic resist at high level, but they are also the best 1v1 class in the game once you have a shield of the immaculate. aside from runes, they have very low survivability.

shamans are also incredibly strong 1v1 classes as they are better at winning a fight through attrition than any other class. their biggest issue is that they don't often get kill credit because a majority of their damage is done through DoT spells, and if someone zones and dies to a DoT, it's treated as a PvE death. most higher level players will be carrying cure poison/disease potions, which make getting kills much harder. between high AC, heals, cheetah, and SoW boots, they are pretty difficult to kill outdoors. their PvP offensive capabilities diminish the more people there are in a fight, and you will be at your best just being in a full support role with heals.

you are right about large races being at a disadvantage in PvP. for PvE purposes, ogre is the easy choice for shaman. for PvP purposes, i would go with iksar. for style purposes, i would go with troll.

faction isn't really an issue because a vast majority of important factions are easily raised in-game.

almost all trades are done on level 1 characters, most commonly in north freeport since level 1 characters in cities are immune to PvP.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of clerics out there go with Troll Shaman that way you could farm gear or plats at later stages if no guilds work out.
but trolls have bad fire resist! Ogre!!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Kobold

went with ogre.

for 15 years ive Hated ogres, just, visually. but the pvp stun immunity seems like the clear winner.

I never even been in a significant EQ pvp fight, but from my understanding, as Ogre I wont get interrupted in pvp by melee EVER (spell stuns still interrupt ogre I believe?) ?? .. doesn't this mean when your 10%hp and casting a heal an Ogre has a better chance of getting the cast off, whereas a troll is susceptible to get interrupted, and face-plant. Im no min/maxer, but in the example I have given I think I prefer ogre over troll.

am I assuming this all correctly??

I think that last 'oh noez' cast getting off is more important than the extra 10hp per tick at 60. (well, on a pvp server I mean; if I was going blue server id be troll 100%.)

Also, im imagining that on a PVP server, you don't canni down to 20% like I used to do in classic.... so that extra regen is nice, but if your trying staying >65% hps 24/7 then who really cares?

ehh??
Old 05-19-2015, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

go troll cuz ur sham will turn into a buff bot/farming toon

you will make an alt and gear it for pvp.
Closed Thread