Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Large Rat

Default Budget Shaman Leveling Gear?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you all could help me out on a budget leveling set for a Barbarian Shaman. I played the game during retail but I was way too young to really understand everything that was going on, so while I understand most of the mechanics and a lot of the zones, I'm pretty lost when it comes to what items to buy and what not. Currently I'm level 16 and have around 300pp but I'm getting a decent amount of pp from farming bronze weapons so I want to continue farming until 500-1000pp (depending on what you all advise) and go pick up some cheap gear after that.

That being said, I've been looking around the forums and I think that going for a Runewood Great Staff and the Banded Armor set would be a good starting point. Beyond that, I really have no idea and I'm also totally open to being wrong about the aforementioned pieces. I have an Ivory Imbued Collar and a Moonstone Ring already which both seem pretty decent to me but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for the help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

That neck is solid.
Banded is great.
Grab ac/hp rings (platinum is fine for now.)
If you have money left, grab a decent weapon (either a 2hb or a piercer/shield.)
Charred Guardian Shield is a light source. If you don't like being blind or relying on casting serpent sight all the time, it's a good option.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That neck is solid.
Banded is great.
Grab ac/hp rings (platinum is fine for now.)
If you have money left, grab a decent weapon (either a 2hb or a piercer/shield.)
Charred Guardian Shield is a light source. If you don't like being blind or relying on casting serpent sight all the time, it's a good option.
What would you suggest for weapons? Most of the ones I see people suggesting are 1000pp+. I was thinking about a Runewood Great Staff because it's relatively cheap (~100pp). Also, how important are weapons relative to the rest of your gear? Would it be worth it to just drop 1k on a Poison Wind Censer and forget about the rest of my gear?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

In my opinion, I'd stay away from the PWC. Slow-tanking is great for twinks with haste and high ac. I'm assuming that's not you. Having the banded and other items will most likely help you more than a single weapon.
There are several weapons you could look for. You probably won't be meleeing much in groups though. Darksea Harpoon, Slime Coated Harpoon, Beetle Stinger, etc. If you grab the banded, hp/ac rings and a shield you will have enough survivability to get to 30+ in groups. Any weapon is fine to attack with until the tank gets aggro. I usually slowed early because my ac was good enough to take a few hits until I landed root or the tank took aggro.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

A beetle stinger (from Sebilis) is usually 150ish if you can find one? Not much for damage but it has some not too terrible stats on it and that spear look shamans love [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you planning to solo a lot? Or group?
Old 05-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Here's something I posted a year ago:
Quote:
Get a runewood greatstaff for practically nothing. Pull with a poison dot or nuke, turn on attack right as the mob reaches you, after first swing cast root, back out of range after root lands and second melee attack, and sit down a couple of feet away. Wait until you see your health/mana regen tick (for full value, since you're sitting), then move forward, hit mob once, then move back and sit down again.

This effectively resets both your delay and mob delay to 60. Since mob delay was normally 30 and yours was normally 40, the mob suffers a 50% dps decrease while you only suffer a 33% decrease compared to continuous fighting. Root is a lot cheaper to cast than slow, and since you'll be hitting every med tick you can toss out more nukes/heals than if you were continuously fighting.
I'd go for: Runewood Great Staff, 5/55 rings, spyglass, and the materials for one of the reclaim pet clicky quests (http://wiki.project1999.com/Vira). Don't worry about armor, imo, because when you're up for it, take a trip to Karnor's Castle and ask around for rotting no-drop gear:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Jarsath_Scale_Armor
http://wiki.project1999.com/Supple_Scale_Armband

Spyglass lets you remove global cooldown between spells (give it an inventory slot and create a hotkey, click it between casts and you can immediately start next spell), although if you're trying to recast the same spell it only works if it's in the number 1 spell slot for some reason. Some people put canni there , others prefer to put root there. Any instant cast infinite charge clicky will do, but spyglass is cheap and available.

Honestly, that's kind of all you need until your epic questline, anyways.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Well there's 2 options for you. Go with whichever one seems more appealing to you. Personally, I avoid KC and would never recommend anyone go there other than for a quest piece (canni 2, epics...), or to evac to EJ, but that's just me.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A beetle stinger (from Sebilis) is usually 150ish if you can find one? Not much for damage but it has some not too terrible stats on it and that spear look shamans love [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you planning to solo a lot? Or group?
I'm probably mostly going to be soloing. Would you advise a 2Her or 1Her for soloing?
Old 05-09-2016, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainypoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm probably mostly going to be soloing. Would you advise a 2Her or 1Her for soloing?
There are 2 main ways to solo as a shaman. Slow-tanking and root-rotting. If you plan to tank, probably a 2 hander. Root-rotting a shield would be more ac for if you get hit.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:34 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are 2 main ways to solo as a shaman. Slow-tanking and root-rotting. If you plan to tank, probably a 2 hander. Root-rotting a shield would be more ac for if you get hit.
Alright, thank you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread