Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Large Bat

Default Novice back then, novice now

Never got far in the classic days, but my greatest memories were playing this on dial up internet at 16 and my mother yelling at me for tying up the phone line, lol. My name Dave, Violet, or Fizzy, I got by a lot of different names! I guess my favorite class is a match up between shaman and necromancer. I really want to try and get into this community as I fell in love with it when I gave a feeble attempt last year on here. I want to make lasting friendships, which I never do on an MMORPG but I feel I have a shot on here! Get to know me and I'll be sure to post on here and get to know you all!
Old 05-10-2016, 12:29 AM
Aviak

Welcome back!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Hello! Welcome back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did you pick a class yet?
Old 05-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Large Bat

It's so hard to do, I may go with necromancer or magician and see how far I can get..besides that I was thinking shaman.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetwolf227 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's so hard to do, I may go with necromancer or magician and see how far I can get..besides that I was thinking shaman.
Can't go wrong with either of those picks. Both are great newbie classes because they are not very gear dependent.. But honestly play what you want and just enjoy the journey.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

All you need is a guild OP, the fun will follow <3
Old 05-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Large Bat

yes, I believe joining a guild will help, however I am against taking hand outs as I feel it soils the fun of me earning the things I have, although I get low on plat for spells I may get desperate for a couple plat just to get new level spells, but I know how to make money, I think I'm going to start out in nektulos as I can farm bear and wolf pelts as well as spider silk, and EC is just a skip away!
Old 05-12-2016, 04:11 AM
Fire Giant

If you go necro i would recommend iksar, regeneration is really great for a necro (basically results in easier access to mana). For mage race differences are small.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Large Bat

Chose iksar necromancer, got like 8 stacks of spiderling silk and other good stuff and have 30 Plat for spells so things are going good.. Just wish more people grouped nowadays
Old 05-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetwolf227 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chose iksar necromancer, got like 8 stacks of spiderling silk and other good stuff and have 30 Plat for spells so things are going good.. Just wish more people grouped nowadays
once you're 11 or 12 you can head to Kurn's Tower; tons of people grouping in there. I actually LEFT kurns around 16 (can normally stay till 22ish ive read) because it was (IMO) over-camped most of the time. Chance to get the wizard clicky wand to drop, which sells for at least 1k-ish? by the time you actually get to mid 20s I suppose you could solo camp the Iksar Berserker Club too, which I assume reliably sells for a few hundred PP.

Also, just my 2c; but if you're against handouts, then are you against grouping with Twinks??? Kinda the same deal, I'd say. especially sub level 30's where the twink items have a larger effect?

just curious 8P
Last edited by leftharted; 05-12-2016 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: I NO DO GRAMMAR GUD!
Closed Thread