Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Large Rat

Default Cleric worth it ?

I read that a cleric can solo from 1-50 but have seen no other guides for after lv 50.
If there is no way to solo for exp after lv 50 i would say that this is the reason there are few of them at lv 60.
If there is a way to get to lv 60 with out having to depend on group content would you please tell me what I could do.

I would be glad to roll a cleric if i could do this.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Kobold

Mehh, I mained a cleric in live. and, I wouldn't say its Impossible to solo 50-60, but its Horribly inefficient. So inefficient, that nobody in their right mind would do it. Literally, only someone missing a few screws, so to speak, would attempt it.

Cleircs don't solo well at All, even 1-50. They are more of a group oriented class... if you are shying away from group content; I suggest shying away from Cleric.

may I ask Why cleric is appealing to you in the first place, considering you seem to be a 'solo' type? Cleric is probably at the BOTTOM of the list in terms of solo-ability. roleplay maybe?
Old 05-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Large Rat

I like to group. But i am aware that grouping isn't always possible. So i dont want to get stuck at lv 50.
And solo is to gain PP for spells and such.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

This doesn't make sense.
Cleric is a great class for grouping. It is really only for grouping. Why would you play one without grouping?

You want to get to 60 so you can...group then?

If you want to play solo, play almost any other class. If you want a great group class that is in demand for groups and raids...play a cleric.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Large Rat

K i will give it a try thanks. I get bored soloing i only do it to gain money.
I would group before lv 60 as much as i could or until i was low on money for my spells
Old 05-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to group. But i am aware that grouping isn't always possible. So i dont want to get stuck at lv 50.
trust me, for a Cleric, especially 40+, finding a group will not be an issue. Even more so if you make a reputable name for yourself as a Good Cleric. People will even courier you TO the camp, because they need a good healer.

clerics are the WORST at soloing ,but the BEST in real groups. even most Duo's you'll kick butt in, and that would be better Plat than soloing. Make friends with a decent shaman/enchanter to Duo with, and you guys can go 50/50 on loot. That will net you Wayy better PP than trying to solo seafuries as a cleric.

at least, that's how I did it with my old main.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read that a cleric can solo from 1-50 but have seen no other guides for after lv 50.
If there is no way to solo for exp after lv 50 i would say that this is the reason there are few of them at lv 60.
If there is a way to get to lv 60 with out having to depend on group content would you please tell me what I could do.

I would be glad to roll a cleric if i could do this.
If you want platinum you can PL rather effectively on a 50+ cleric. It's like Druid PL except you use Shaman damage shield potions and have higher AC due to plate armor. Heallun used to do this a lot IIRC.

I don't see why you couldn't solo to 60 on a cleric; it would just be miserably slow.

Also I suggest you read http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241807
Old 05-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Back in Live I had a cleric that made it to 50s. Soloing was... not fun... even with undead heavy places that I *could* solo. The only thing that remotely worked was Solo-Studying, where I would solo a MOB, typically taking a huge amount of mana, park myself somewhere safe, and do some homework / studying until my mana was back.

"Bring a book" is basically mandatory for cleric soloing.

That said, clerics are definitely worthwhile, as they are the strongest healers.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you have the wrong mindset here.

A cleric can almost always find a group. Even if you play at the most oddball hours (like 4 am to 8 am eastern), just enable /lfg and the tells will roll in.

Also, when grouping...things of worth are generally decided by /random...so you have the same odds to loot a big selling item as the rest of the members of your group. At higher levels, vendor trash like gems/rings are typically done via "alpha," which is simply shorthand for character name alphabetical order.

Clerics aren't supposed to solo. If that's your game, play a necro, druid, bard, etc.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Aviak

My roommate is a cleric, I kicked him in the cods on April 1 when he came out of the bathroom, lol. I guess that tells you all you need to know about being a cleric. Necros rule clerics drool