Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't seen anything on it.
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19103

New PvE Nostalrius server is being considered. I am looking forward to it.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

I pretty much gave up on this box - its def classic WoW, but been there, done that - second time not as fun. Also, too many morons in PUGs (5 mans in WoW are apparently hard), and I dont have a solid guild to group with. Also Velious... so yeah.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
too many morons in PUGs
Yep, there's always that guy who wants something off the first/second miniboss and goes offline after it's dead because the rest of the instance isn't worth it for him.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh god, ignore sucks in WoW. There just aren't enough slots for all of the idiot man children in the barrens.
Lol so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I pretty much gave up on this box - its def classic WoW, but been there, done that - second time not as fun. Also, too many morons in PUGs (5 mans in WoW are apparently hard)
This is how I feel about wow honestly, the first time around was fun but I just don't have the time and patience like I used to, especially on a private server.

I still remember the day I quit wow on live during vanilla, running a 40 man Molten Core pug. I was the main-tank and had my buddy there using his pally as a buff/heal bot. We downed Lucifron and the tier 1 or whatever tier MC was warrior gaunts dropped, the warriors rolled, I won the roll, the leader of the raid was a dps warrior, he ninja looted the gaunts, and started to disband everyone one by one lol.

Later that night I was leading a UBS 10man and got banned for a week for calling a tier 2 rogue a PoS for ninja looting all the gear off the first boss.

That was the last day of live wow for me.

The only thing that keeps me coming back to kronos is my lvl 32 rogue wrecking havoc in STV. Just thinking about running dungeons and raids on a vanilla private server makes me cringe.
Last edited by stavio; 08-17-2015 at 02:44 PM..
Old 08-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Live WoW, like live EQ, is dead to me. They are such a bastard now of what made them great originally. Nost was fun to recapture some of that nostalgia again, but meh.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Kobold

Re-rolled to Night-Elf Warrior. Decided Warrior was a better fit for Gogoyubari, and I wanted to play a Tank. I'm aware that as in EQ, playing a Warrior as a new player without twinking will be a long, hard slog due to gear dependency.

I plan researching Alliance Euro social / progression Guilds for when I hit 20th level (or thereabouts). I want to explore the game first, and indulge in a number of crafting activities.

Currently in Dolanaar, and feel as though the stabilizers are slowly starting to come off. The extended tutorial is an excellent introduction into the game, and rather surprisingly I actually enjoy the pace (level 6 in a couple of hours). That said, I do hope levelling slows down somewhat.

I understand that the dynamics are different from EQ, but I am hoping that Vanilla WOW does contain some player interdependence. I would like to experience 5 Player Dungeon crawls, and want to experience the game with other players - even if I can quest solo. Enjoying the game with other like-minded players (and ganking players who spam racial epitaphs in /chat) would improve the experience a thousand-fold.

I have a better understand of what Samoht means when he states that the game could do with more /ignore slots. Need to add 2 douche-bags to ignore when I next log on.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 08-18-2015, 11:28 PM
Sarnak

^^^

Best bet is to turn off general chat, its terrible 99% of the time. Alliance sides "barrens chat" is mostly in Westfall where the conversations ra%nge from dicks, rape, jew hate, and why the Deadmines is called VC.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huc11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19103

New PvE Nostalrius server is being considered. I am looking forward to it.
Im sold
Old 08-19-2015, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

new server for the bluebies! will it have battlegrounds on the release day or will it be true to the timeline and bgs will take awhile
Old 08-19-2015, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

what do u do when u see an opposition? emotes??
Closed Thread