Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Kobold

Default Client crashes upon /camping out

Hi!

Whenever I camp out my client crashes, which means I got load up a new client. When I try camp to character selection screen, client still crashes and I get the bonus of waiting a few minutes due to temporary IP block. It makes changing characters pretty time consuming, since I have to restart client and log in manually again and again.

It wasen't like this before, but can't remember exactly when it started, probably sometime this summer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crash.jpg (38.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 07-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Aviak

Just had this happen after new install with Windows 10. I turned off anti-virus computer protection (not internet or browser - using Avira) and this eliminated the problem.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have the same problem. It seems to be the more stuff on the screen the more likely it will crash on logout. When I'm inside a city staring at a wall i tend to camp with no issues.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Skeleton

This happens to all Windows 10 users but its fixed real easy.

1.) Find eqgame.exe and right click on it and left click on Properties.
2.) Go to the Compatibility tab and under the Compatibility Mode click the check box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7.
3.) Click Ok
4.) Execute your eqgame.exe patchme shortcut, log into game then camp. It should take you back to character select every time.

FYI: If you use Teamspeak and have your mic keyed to a button on the keyboard by running eqgame.exe in compatibility mode it will break your mic key. I use CTRL when I want to speak so I had to turn off the compatibility mode and just live with it.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1.) Find eqgame.exe and right click on it and left click on Properties.
2.) Go to the Compatibility tab and under the Compatibility Mode click the check box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7.
3.) Click Ok
4.) Execute your eqgame.exe patchme shortcut, log into game then camp. It should take you back to character select every time.

FYI: If you use Teamspeak and have your mic keyed to a button on the keyboard by running eqgame.exe in compatibility mode it will break your mic key. I use CTRL when I want to speak so I had to turn off the compatibility mode and just live with it.
I just installed the game and had this issue, thanks for posting the fix!
Old 07-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never knew about this fix, but I also use left CTRL as the queue mic hotkey. I wonder if running teamspeak as admin would alleviate this side effect.