Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone please leak the original source code for SWG? The 2nd best MMO of all time.
I'm pretty sure there's already a private server out there for SWG.

I want to say I played it too, but I can't remember.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure there's already a private server out there for SWG.

I want to say I played it too, but I can't remember.
There are multiple in fact: https://topg.org/swg-private-servers/ (and the one I played, which I thought was the most popular, isn't even on that list).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

I guess i stopped playing this early on cause I don't remember this going rogue stuff . So apparently you can freely change between villain and hero now? Can you just start as a villain class but also start out as a hero, too?
Old 04-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There some similar games that are free to play like DC universe online and champions online.
Thanks for the info. I played DC online, and found it wanting. I had some friends that played CoH and it seemed way more in depth. I was never willing to pay for it. I was still playing EQ live at the time. I always wanted to try out CoH. Looks like I still may be able to.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

This game is awful. Do avoid.

Despite an incredibly great character creation implementation, the rest of the game is garbage.

Wise man says, "don't resurrect what should have died already."
Old 04-26-2019, 06:10 AM
Banned

The server is completely overloaded - I think they had over 3500 people on last night.

So the lag is awful. They're upgrading the server as needed.

But the game is fun. I like it.

It's funny to see all that DC Online pretty much ripped off, but in a piss poor way.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

A second server is now up to help reduce the player load. I'm personally going to screw around on it while waiting for a legitimate issue 24 server to come online. I'm not a big fan of the issue 25 beta content and custom content Leandro's crew threw in, nor am I okay with characters starting with capes and auras. Quests are classic, yo.

In other news, the Issue 24 team has made absurdly good progress and... They've picked up two (2) original programmers that were a part of the game's launch / updating that are helping as a hobby. The intent is that the issue 24 true retail client and server engine builds will be full public release on torrents still. And this happens to come back to back with the Green P1999 announcement. Yikes, what a year.

Blizzard WoW classic can still go Eff itself with zone sharding and unclassic current loot mechanics and party disenchanting. That's on top of the unclassic 3 stage content implementation. What a damned waste.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:37 PM
Banned

I've been playing around with the "Sentinel", which I believe is a custom class.

Pretty neat. Essentially a more defensive Blaster.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

They gave blasters time manipulation on this version.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update as of this Sunday evening's play. The server team posted in the Discord link how to download the client and connect to the server in the first or second post of the Announcements, and then gave a progress report on their work on the thing. The account creation and players parachuting into the mess have gone from 300 to 800 to 1400 to 2300 to over 3k people all wanting in. This Sunday, the server was stable with very low (but not perfect) lag / latency with over 3k on.

Door missions were working. Task forces were working. Ourobos or whatever was working, along with inventions and supergroups, etc. Some of the Praetorean content is being worked on still, along with some of the level 41-50 mission arc content for villains. Only fly in the ointment is that one or more GMs had a miscommunication with the rest of the team and gave some select players a level 50 boost. Because of the free experience handed out, every character will be wiped before the launch of the finished Live server on the 27th.

There's no issues with logging into the game between now and then. I'm just screwing around saving costumes to file and getting a feel for how I'll level and do badge hunting on the 27th. Something crazy like 5k accounts have been created. By the 27th I won't be shocked if the number triples. They're gonna need a bigger boat.

Discord link -- https://discord.gg/eJnaq7
Should always wipe beta characters before a proper launch /em ducks rotten fruit.
Closed Thread