Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

From what I recall, I brought this up during beta that the penalties should be removed. Casters already have a distinct advantage at start up, being able to go from 1-50 naked, while the melee have to gear up.

Response I got was "stfu, shit's classic".

Well I guess no tanks is classic too, eh?
Old 10-31-2019, 09:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah... right... don't you mean the severe shortage of gear, proc weapons and pallies not getting stun until like 29 is causing a lack of tanks? Even if they are in the group the only one holding aggro would be SKs who get their shit kicked in as much as anyone else without gear. It's a group effort to allow a warrior/pally to tank at low levels with roots and such, so if anyone is to blame it's the group.

Removing hybrid penalty is as likely to happen as them adding a /level60 command. Pre-kunark.
Pallies can use Flash of Light instead of stun at the lower levels. The only problem is that it should only be used when in melee range. If the mob can't reach you with it's fists then it will flip out almost like it's been feared. It's kind of a shame that blinding doesn't reduce a mobs chance to hit, that would be an awesome spell for tanking then.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the issue is that SKs suffer a bit in power until they get spells at level 9. I'm sure the other hybrids suffer in similar ways. Soloing is painfully slow until you get to that spot - even then I wouldn't call it fast. It just can be done.

Add in the XP penalty and it's very hard to get groups. People have some serious issues with grouping with hybrids - the penalty hate is very real! People that want to go fast don't want you in there group, period.

Now I made the choice of doing the Troll SK thing again - so I've got a bit of "extra" hate directed at me - but I do like the flexibility of soloing and the extra regen helps out.
IT is hated and deserved. That is a huge hit. I group with an SK and its so nice having him hold agro... but the exp was so slow it wasnt worth it.

There is a reason EQ fixed it so the penalty doesnt hurt the group and it only effects the player of the class.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I recall, I brought this up during beta that the penalties should be removed. Casters already have a distinct advantage at start up, being able to go from 1-50 naked, while the melee have to gear up.

Response I got was "stfu, shit's classic".

Well I guess no tanks is classic too, eh?
Casters need to buy spells.. its the equiv of your gear up.

But yes, casters have a slight advantage at first.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Casters also have a 10% penalty
Old 10-31-2019, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

problem is a level 16 mage can summon a level 16 pet which outperforms a level 16 tank...

/thread
Old 10-31-2019, 10:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kind of a shame that blinding doesn't reduce a mobs chance to hit, that would be an awesome spell for tanking then.
But it does actually reduce a mobs attack.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is too many people trying to min/max for rugged individualism.... instead of playing a strong range of things that come together to create great classic groups.

Paladins and SKs are GREAATTT tanks (far better than warriors before 50...and even after it for normal leveling). Both of those classes get very low cost AMAZING agro spells (disease cloud is bananas).

Even a ranger in a group can do a TON to offheal and root for CC along with snare and pulling agro / tanking.

But if you are a paladin...in a group with a mage, an enchanter, a druid, and a wizard.....well.... it's going to be rough.
You must have only played with bad pallies if they cant hold aggro
Old 10-31-2019, 10:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah... right... don't you mean the severe shortage of gear, proc weapons and pallies not getting stun until like 29 is causing a lack of tanks? Even if they are in the group the only one holding aggro would be SKs who get their shit kicked in as much as anyone else without gear. It's a group effort to allow a warrior/pally to tank at low levels with roots and such, so if anyone is to blame it's the group.

Removing hybrid penalty is as likely to happen as them adding a /level60 command. Pre-kunark.
another person that doesnt know much about pallies i see, paladins get one of their most used aggro spells at lvl 9 called flash of light, i can steal aggro from any SK without taunt and the other way around for SKs
Old 10-31-2019, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve got good news and bad news.

The bad news: the goal of Project 1999 is not to create a good game. The goal is to recreate Everquest as it was from 1999-2001.

The good news: if you keep playing, keep seeking groups, and keep forming groups, you will reach max level and have a lot of fun along the way.
What? That's Blasphemy!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Closed Thread