Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 02:29 AM
Large Bat

Unhappy Trouble Getting Groups at Night?

So for the past two and a half hours I've been unable to find any groups for my one and only character; Barumo a Level 12 Barbarian Rogue. I've been to East Commonlands, West Commonlands, Befallen, Northern Ro, Southern Ro, and I'm going to try Crushbone now after paying what little money I had for a port to get to BB.

Trying to get a bind in GFay is downright impossible and I'm just curious if this is how the rest of the game is going to be at least during this time? I would like to note that I managed to get a group earlier this evening at Befallen for a little while, but people logged off around midnight EST.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Europe wakes up starting around 2-3am EST so you may start to see more groups starting around that time.

PST players log out around the same time so usually there's a pretty smooth transition. But there are definitely fewer Euro players.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:43 AM
Large Bat

I managed to get a bind and then a group in Crushbone. It just took awhile. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good to know about the Euro players though.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

I will say as a Rogue, you'll find a hard time getting groups at your level, but it becomes a lot easier for Rogue groups probably from 20-50. They make groups so smooth and even stack up to 2-3 well in certain groups. People don't group much until 20.

You can solo still but tough it out to 20 and see how it goes your almost to the awesome levels for rogue being a blending machine
Old 05-11-2020, 05:34 AM
Kobold

Do you use the /lfg tool? I find that helps a lot when I'm looking for a group, or looking for someone to rep me etc.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:37 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you use the /lfg tool? I find that helps a lot when I'm looking for a group, or looking for someone to rep me etc.
Yeah I used the LFG and walked through multiple zones with no bites. It seems like 90% of the people on this server are a necro/enchanter/druid that's soloing.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:09 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah as others said /lfg tag on. As well as b4 running to zones and wasting time. Do a /who all <name of zone> find someone around ur level to spam for you, for example messaging random person around lvl 28 to do cc for you 2 figure out who calls out goblin, then message them 2 get added 2 list. Another really good tip which you may or may not like. Reroll a toon that can solo, for when your waiting for list. I've leveled an SK, Monk, and now working on warrior(lucky for me i have guildys so I generally can find groups.

For a great leveling guild look up Castle btw Barumo
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-11-2020, 06:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbados82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for the past two and a half hours I've been unable to find any groups for my one and only character; Barumo a Level 12 Barbarian Rogue. I've been to East Commonlands, West Commonlands, Befallen, Northern Ro, Southern Ro, and I'm going to try Crushbone now after paying what little money I had for a port to get to BB.

Trying to get a bind in GFay is downright impossible and I'm just curious if this is how the rest of the game is going to be at least during this time? I would like to note that I managed to get a group earlier this evening at Befallen for a little while, but people logged off around midnight EST.
Same here man. I made a cleric with hopes of grouping easily and got to lvl17 with no groups.
It gets old running to every zone and spamming lfg to not only waste hours but not a get a group.
So I made a SK hoping to get groups and if not i could solo better than the cleric and got to 35 and I was only able to get 1 group in unrest and 1 in paw.
The paw group dropped me cause I was in banded.
So I made a rogue hoping to get more group action and it's like pulling teeth trying to get a group and if I do most likely there is no tank and it's just casters.
He's lvl29 now and has gotten a total of 3 groups.

And yes, trying to get a bind anywhere takes forever.
Sorry I have no advice, just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

/ all (yourlevel-5) (yourlevel+5) send tells to any character whose level/class/location suggests they might either be in a group or would be willing to partner up.

Direct communication provides much better results than zone-wide I find.

Likewise, presence also helps: if you can be at a camp when you ask, and make it personal by addressing the characters by name, you are much more likely to get a group.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Likewise, presence also helps: if you can be at a camp when you ask, and make it personal by addressing the characters by name, you are much more likely to get a group.
This works particularly well - especially if you add a lot of dps to the group or are an essential class <3
Closed Thread