Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 04:43 PM
Large Bat

Default Mask of Deception - How Hard to Get?

Hey all, I'm tired of being blind as a Barbarian Rogue (level 19) and people have told me that I can get the Mask of Deception from Lower Guk pretty easily from high level groups that see it rot frequently. As a relatively new player with no experience in Lower Guk, do you think this would be possible for me to do?
Old 06-10-2020, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

o Yeah just stealth down there to camp.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yep! You can get it no problem man only bards and rogues wait in line for it, two very underpopulated classes. You can walk from the zone to the mob who drops it completely unseen as long as you go the right way, but be warned the actual room you get the item isnt safe, as the assassin who drops it DOES see invis (though he wont if you knew where he spawns and stand behind him for sneak) Usually someone is in there getting supplier belts but in this era maybe not always
Old 06-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Large Bat

I just made it down here crapping my pants the whole way. I had to go underwater and make a bunch of wrong turns, passing gargoyles at one point. Finally found it and Mizree is nice enough to let me wait here for it. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2020, 06:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbados82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just made it down here crapping my pants the whole way. I had to go underwater and make a bunch of wrong turns, passing gargoyles at one point. Finally found it and Mizree is nice enough to let me wait here for it. Thanks!
Awesome. Let's see that beautiful before and after!
Old 06-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Since you are new there, one last point to make: if you want to feel very safe, if you go down the ladder from the assassin room, and take an immediate right, that little alcove is like 98% safe for non invis classes, but as a rogue sneak/hidden its more like 99.999%
Old 06-10-2020, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

The assassin doesn't actually see rogue hide in my experience, despite what the wiki says. Its not a camp you really want to try to solo as a rogue though, especially a full break, just wait for others to kill and loot your rotting mask.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:08 PM
Large Bat

I got my mask after a few hours. Gnome cleric that took over the camp from previous person hooked it up once it finally spawned! Name started with an X. Very nice guy.
Last edited by Barbados82; 06-10-2020 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Fixed word
Old 06-10-2020, 10:32 PM
Banned

rite of passage tier difficulty
good luck
Old 06-24-2020, 09:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rite of passage tier difficulty
good luck

This right here.

It's like almost mandatory for a Rogue to sneak down there as soon as they can and get that mask, especially now that it's the Mask and no longer the Guise.
Closed Thread