Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 01:16 PM
Aviak

Default 53+ SKand SHM Duo

Any suggestions for some good places with good exp and plats for 50+ sk shm duo other than COM and the hole ?
Cheers.
Old 01-23-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

First thing I would suggest is killing guards until 55. Kaladim Guards or Felwithe Guards would be good for your duo. The SK is definitely evil, not sure what race/diety your Shaman is, but odds are they are evil too. This means you shouldn't care too much about the faction hits via killing guards. Once you hit 55 all killable guards basically green out sadly, so they stop being a good spot for experience.

Howling Stones Basement/North would be fine for your duo. The SK can do things like lull the undead mobs via Rest the Dead (level 52 spell) for easy pulling. The SK can FD and the Shaman can gate if things get hairy. Your SK can look at this video I made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDvk3udrhI to get an idea of how HS works. This video was done in north.

You could also probably do the two giants at the bottom of FM fort since you have a Shaman for slowing and an SK for fearing. But they are level 50, so you may need to test how often they resist your spells first. 53 isn't too much higher than 50, so it may be a troublesome spot.

If you both can get a port up to Plane of Mischief, you could probably duo the rats in the rat maze. 53 may be a bit low for PoM rat maze solo, but duo should be fine. The rats are like level 46. They aren't KoS and don't lower faction, so you can always safely camp down there. However, there may be a level 55 requirement that the CoTH mage imposes if I remember correctly, due to low level agro. So you should ask the CoTH mage first if your level range is ok. It would suck to die in Temple of Veeshan North Wing.

With the recent ZEM buffs there are a lot of lesser thought of options now too. I think Dreadlands got a good ZEM buff, so killing roaming trash around Karnor's Castle is a very classic option, now made better with the ZEM buff.

Karnor's Castle would work as well if you like that zone. A lot of people don't like it since it used to basically be the de-facto leveling spot for mid 50s for years on P99, and I think people are very tired of the zone lol.

I haven't XPed in Lower Guk in ages, but since you are lower 50s and Lower Guk got a ZEM boost, that may still be a great option at your level range. Especially the dead side, where your SK can lull.

As you can see I am avoiding mentioning Velious areas (other than PoM). You can certainly duo in Velious zones too, but mobs overall have more HP in Velious, so killing things often takes longer. But below I will list a few suggestions that are good in Velious.

The Goos in Wakening Lands may be a good option if you can hold down all of the spawns. They are great solo xp until at least 56 or 57 on an SK. They are one of the Velious mobs that do not have a ton of HP. Haven't tried Duoing to test the xp sharing. You can try the Geos in those caves too. They have like 8000 HP so it may be too slow at your level, but they are in the same area, so it will be a quick test.

I think you guys are out of the level range for Crystal Caverns. The Geos there are a great way to xp in the mid 40s. Not too much HP, and they drop good money items. But I can't remember if they are any good once you are in your low 50s. You can check it out.

I think you are too low for Velks. Not to say you can't kill in there at your level, but I think it will be too slow for the good XP/loot the zone normally has to offer for higher level players.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-23-2022 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-23-2022, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

SolB lava duct crawlers then freeti trash / freeti.

Just remember double shrink from the shaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2022, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

I would stay out of Velious and even Kunark as much as possible unless you have about 500k worth of gear between the 2 characters. SolB suggestion above would likely be the best XP. SK/Shaman is, unfortunately, a pretty shitty DPS combo which leads to the shaman going OOM more than he should be and the whole operation starts to bog down even more if you try fighting high HP/AC mobs (basically any Velious at all and many high end Kunark).

Add a DPS and you would be cooking
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-24-2022, 04:32 AM
Sarnak

same question, but 49 sk and shm = have fungi, reaver, seahorse haste belt, no jbb thou. solb or lguk?
Old 01-24-2022, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Frozen Tower Shenanigans!
Old 01-24-2022, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide is just as great for duos (or trios) as it is for solos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-24-2022, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you both can get a port up to Plane of Mischief, you could probably duo the rats in the rat maze. 53 may be a bit low for PoM rat maze solo, but duo should be fine. The rats are like level 46. They aren't KoS and don't lower faction, so you can always safely camp down there. However, there may be a level 55 requirement that the CoTH mage imposes if I remember correctly, due to low level agro. So you should ask the CoTH mage first if your level range is ok. It would suck to die in Temple of Veeshan North Wing.
All good advice, but I wanted to say that after some testing me and a buddy did, so long as the mage is positioned correctly 53 is the bare minimum that a coth'd character ought to be. the SK wouldn't be a big deal, can just coth em after they've FDd. maybe the sham could do that was well if they have a sky ring. Otherwise, time the pather and coth with enough time for the mage to get out and the pather to be away and it should be alright.

More to the point., I bet you could have a lot of success with the crypt area of the undead tower in the hole. 4 skeletons assured, so long as the SK ghosts doesn't spawn, and another two in either side of the tower entrance. 22? minute respawn so you'd likely have plenty of time to med between kills.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All good advice, but I wanted to say that after some testing me and a buddy did, so long as the mage is positioned correctly 53 is the bare minimum that a coth'd character ought to be. the SK wouldn't be a big deal, can just coth em after they've FDd. maybe the sham could do that was well if they have a sky ring. Otherwise, time the pather and coth with enough time for the mage to get out and the pather to be away and it should be alright.

More to the point., I bet you could have a lot of success with the crypt area of the undead tower in the hole. 4 skeletons assured, so long as the SK ghosts doesn't spawn, and another two in either side of the tower entrance. 22? minute respawn so you'd likely have plenty of time to med between kills.
That's pretty cool information. Thank you to you and your friend for doing such risky testing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would stay out of Velious and even Kunark as much as possible unless you have about 500k worth of gear between the 2 characters. SolB suggestion above would likely be the best XP. SK/Shaman is, unfortunately, a pretty shitty DPS combo which leads to the shaman going OOM more than he should be and the whole operation starts to bog down even more if you try fighting high HP/AC mobs (basically any Velious at all and many high end Kunark).

Add a DPS and you would be cooking
I disagree about staying out of Kunark. Kunark in general isn't that much tougher than classic, the big leap is generally in Velious. You really don't need great gear to play in Kunark. If this was the case, you wouldn't be able to level up an untwinked Iksar character lol, and people certainly do that.

SK/Shaman DPS is not as bad as you are suggesting, and the SK can pull singles just fine. You don't need amazing DPS to kill singles. Since the Shaman can slow they shouldn't need to spend too much mana on healing. And if the Shaman has JBB and/or Epic, just spam them when you want to DPS. If you don't have those items, the summoned doggie and the SK pet will do a good enough job at augmenting DPS. People really underestimate how powerful the Shaman doggie is.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-24-2022 at 02:17 PM..
Closed Thread