Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2022, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your minimization of mass shootings is disgusting but it fits your username perfectly. Other countries don’t have this problem it’s an American problem. I don’t think guns should be banned but to act as if nothing should be done is irresponsible and gross.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The constitution doesn't give you a right to own a gun: it gives you the right to be part of a well-organized and regulated militia. The Supreme Court made the individual right to own a gun up.
This is correct. Textualism is just judicial activism with extra steps.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

I have a solution to gun crime.

Some cities use a system called Shotspotter, which detects gunshots. So what we're going to do is put a pole up on every block and around schools and...everywhere really. And we'll have Shotspotter on there and also on the very top a hunter killer drone. And that drone will instantly take off and home in on the sound and blow up, unless it detects a law-enforcement transponder in the target area. As technology develops, the drone could carry a disabling payload and also could use pattern recognition to clamp onto the gunman. No need to injure bystanders.

We will issue hunter and sport-shooter transponders that will work in selected geofences.

Fully compliant with the 2nd Amendment. No one's rights are being violated. I am a genius.

I got more.

To deal with actors who penetrate school or event perimeter and enter the crowd, we would use ground roaming drones provided by Boston Dynamics. Covered in fur and sporting friendly googly-eyes and floppy ears they should prove a welcome companion to the children it guards. Each school would receive two such drones, one for the inside and one for the playground. Both could be programmed with instructional or fun activities meant to stimulate learning, when their super-quick response time and razor sharp talons aren't busy dispatching an incoming threat.

The children are safe and the teacher can put their gun away.

Solved gun problem, solved children safety problem, let's see...are there any problems that can't be solved by robots?

I know this is all obvious but I believe I'm the first one to bring it up. I will mention this forum in my Nobel Prize acceptance tweet.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a solution to gun crime.

Some cities use a system called Shotspotter, which detects gunshots. So what we're going to do is put a pole up on every block and around schools and...everywhere really. And we'll have Shotspotter on there and also on the very top a hunter killer drone. And that drone will instantly take off and home in on the sound and blow up, unless it detects a law-enforcement transponder in the target area. As technology develops, the drone could carry a disabling payload and also could use pattern recognition to clamp onto the gunman. No need to injure bystanders.

We will issue hunter and sport-shooter transponders that will work in selected geofences.

Fully compliant with the 2nd Amendment. No one's rights are being violated. I am a genius.

I got more.

To deal with actors who penetrate school or event perimeter and enter the crowd, we would use ground roaming drones provided by Boston Dynamics. Covered in fur and sporting friendly googly-eyes and floppy ears they should prove a welcome companion to the children it guards. Each school would receive two such drones, one for the inside and one for the playground. Both could be programmed with instructional or fun activities meant to stimulate learning, when their super-quick response time and razor sharp talons aren't busy dispatching an incoming threat.

The children are safe and the teacher can put their gun away.

Solved gun problem, solved children safety problem, let's see...are there any problems that can't be solved by robots?

I know this is all obvious but I believe I'm the first one to bring it up. I will mention this forum in my Nobel Prize acceptance tweet.
Haha this gave me quite a chuckle.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-26-2022, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here’s an actual statistic for ya.

https://adfontesmedia.com/matt-walsh...d-reliability/
How do you know that "adfontesmedia.com" is unbiased and reliable, but that matt walsh's show isn't?

Here's a source btw, completely nuking the idea that this is a uniquely american problem. Again, you have to so drastically distort and cherry pick stats to make that case it becomes completely absurd. I've now provided an actual scientific paper; I look forward to your flailing about why it's totally bad and megawrong.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3289010
Last edited by Ooloo; 05-26-2022 at 04:24 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Other countries don’t have this problem it’s an American problem.
Heres another thing that other countries dont have: Individual american exceptionalism.

Maybe, just maybe it's not the guns fault. Maybe it's the American attitude that "everyone is out to get you, nobody is your friend, money talks and people walk, everyone is a leach of the system, everyone is taking from you, everyone is a thief and looking to take something from you, your parents are boomer assholes, your grandparents are racist ass holes, dont trust anybody, rock and roll is forever, fuck the man, fuck everyone and fuck the system.

Maybe just maybe that cultural identity that every individual is the boss and everyone else is trying to take advantage of them, turns kids who are not quite well in the head, into killers.

Quote:
I don’t think guns should be banned but to act as if nothing should be done is irresponsible and gross.
Something could be done, and it could have nothing to do with guns. But nothing will be done, because the same people that want to do something about it would rather let american exceptionalism drive them to prove that they are the boss and that they are right and will be damned if they will change their mind.

What we need is for every single dollar that is spent on taking guns away, to be spent on care facilities for people who need care.

Then you'll see an end to these mass shootings.

BUT NOOOO it's ELONS fault for not ending world hunger all by himself.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-26-2022 at 04:26 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know that "adfontesmedia.com" is unbiased and reliable, but that matt walsh's show isn't?

Here's a source btw, completely nuking the idea that this is a uniquely american problem. Again, you have to so drastically distort and cherry pick stats to make that case it becomes completely absurd. I've now provided an actual scientific paper; I look forward to your flailing about why it's totally bad and megawrong.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3289010
You yourself just cherry picked an article by a gun rights activist/economist and passed it off as unbiased.

I’m sure the organization I linked is biased. All media is biased to a degree it’s impossible not to be. That’s why we have the scientific method to create facts and findings. So your point is just another bad argument.

Also Matt Walsh is widely considered a white supremacist which doesn’t help anything in this country other than the small dick energy of the GOP.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Last edited by Skarne; 05-26-2022 at 04:32 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
All media is biased to a degree it’s impossible not to be.
This is a missed conception.

Like, yes, all information is biased.

The fact that it has to either be biased to align with the republican parties mission, or the democrat parties, is what people say when they say that news source is biased.

Having someone who hates murder report on crime does not invalidate the article because the author was biased against crime for gods sake.

It's possible to write an unbiased article. You just have to keep your "politics" out of it, it's not impossible.

I would argue that it is more impossible to not INFER bias when you READ an article, because no matter what anyone who is left reading this post is going to say that Im some tucker putin simp for saying anything at all.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-26-2022 at 04:39 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heres another thing that other countries dont have: Individual american exceptionalism.

Maybe, just maybe it's not the guns fault. Maybe it's the American attitude that "everyone is out to get you, nobody is your friend, money talks and people walk, everyone is a leach of the system, everyone is taking from you, everyone is a thief and looking to take something from you, your parents are boomer assholes, your grandparents are racist ass holes, dont trust anybody, rock and roll is forever, fuck the man, fuck everyone and fuck the system.

Maybe just maybe that cultural identity that every individual is the boss and everyone else is trying to take advantage of them, turns kids who are not quite well in the head, into killers.

Something could be done, and it could have nothing to do with guns. But nothing will be done, because the same people that want to do something about it would rather let american exceptionalism drive them to prove that they are the boss and that they are right and will be damned if they will change their mind.

What we need is for every single dollar that is spent on taking guns away, to be spent on care facilities for people who need care.

Then you'll see an end to these mass shootings.

BUT NOOOO it's ELONS fault for not ending world hunger all by himself.
I can follow what you’re saying. Maybe you’re right but idk. These problems are too complicated for me as an individual to even pretend I have the answers. Anyone can sit on their phone and say “this is how you do it” or “if I was in charge I’d…”

All I have is my opinion and it’s this: mass shootings keep happening. Nobody is doing anything at all to prevent them. Not even a little bit. Something has to change. Whether it’s mental health or stricter gun regulation I don’t give a shit how it happens. I just want something to be done, anything really.

All I hear is both sides whining and because of the divide in our country the 2 parties can’t even work together at this point. It’s disappointing. But I’ll also say I don’t think the answer is authoritarianism or forced religious doctrine through legislation or taking away gun rights.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a missed conception.

Like, yes, all information is biased.

The fact that it has to either be biased to align with the republican parties mission, or the democrat parties, is what people say when they say that news source is biased.

Having someone who hates murder report on crime does not invalidate the article because the author was biased against crime for gods sake.

It's possible to write an unbiased article. You just have to keep your "politics" out of it, it's not impossible.
I don’t understand what you’re getting at here. It’s misconception btw.