Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-12-2022, 01:29 PM
Kobold

I don't even live there anymore, but it forever taints my being.
The internet is a cruel, anonymous fight club where your weaknesses will be exploited and your fears used against you. Use the internet for entertainment and maybe information, as long as you realize that most of it is false. But if your sole social circle exists entirely online, you're already fucked if you can't hack it alone, because you are.
Sithix Wraithscale - Necro
Old 06-13-2022, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

He thinks we want new people on the server *chuckles softly*. GET FUCKED AND DIE OP
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-13-2022, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

I remember when I didn't know how to use a computer...in 1986
Old 06-13-2022, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

For all the jokes though, op probably ain't wrong.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-13-2022, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

My 13 year old figured it out and was playing without me knowing...so it's not that hard lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2022, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmedina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing 2 days ago and I must tell you after spending 2 hours of my life making it work I am not surprised this server is not growing.

I documented my installation nightmare in this video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx45I0DLvwg

How come nobody has streamlined the process yet? Not only there is no centralized way to know how to set up the whole thing (Neither this website or EqEmu's has all the info you need to do so) but most if not all my hassle could have been automated by a single installer.

I don't want to watch a 30 minute video to install the game, and neither does any potential new player.

Even if you make a condensed readable and to the point guide that "just works" the guide provided in this website is very awkwardly formatted and frankly tedious to navigate.

I may not be a member of this community but I beg you to listen to me; if you do not improve your How-to section and provide a proper Setup download this game will never grow.

Please don't look at this through the eyes of you who has been playing this game for 20 years, just imagine for a moment how awful this is for someone that never installed this game before and how avoidable this is.

Thank you for reading my very long rant

Fresh rant, I'd say. Consistent. Good thematic work. Some classic lines (more rants need to include the "I beg of you!" riff. It's like something Olivia DeHavilland would say.)

Cogent argument too.

But you have to grant the premise. That's show biz, and it's a bitch, ain't it? If the audience can't suspend disbelief and buy the premise, el stinko.

Well...

"I don't want to watch a 30 minute video to install the game, and neither does any potential new player."

That's baloney. You love it. You have a hard-on for it.

Ok, TRUTH TIME. (Once again!) SM, it's a standard kink in this community. Hate has no home here, and everyone gets off on the humiliation in different ways.

So if you were feeling shy, hey ho! Not here buddy! I'm the guy wearing a skull shaped barbute while people piss on me. West Freeport.
Old 06-13-2022, 11:42 AM
Banned

I watched OPs vid

first of all you can type /corpse

second of all there's items and spells that let u see in the dark

3rd of all u can turn up your gamma

last of all ogre is the best race

more last of all u are kinda funny butt u sound serious which makes it not funny again

u have a good accent tho and ur cute

I hope one day u learn how to play the game gud and joust mobs and pull and be elite!

Yes having to turn on auto attack and click slam/bash/kick is annoying.

The game is old and it's not perfect. However the reason we play it is for nostalgia, I could make a better game LIKE (similar too) these days with probably just unity (and some ppl are there's an ARPG style hack and slash gamepad control dark souls style port of EQ to unity that is pretty cool actually, project lanterneq or something maybe its a different one anyway it's pretty damn good). It's also NOT the EQ we remember.

I would design it a bit differently if I remade the game to be 'similar' but different.

The loading screens are bad because ur computer is slow, I ran p99 red pvp in a ramdisk and it was instant because it never accessed the hard drive!
Old 06-13-2022, 11:43 AM
Banned

oh and OP the account setup was ez you just lack good english reading comprehension skills I recommend u get an online tutor.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

sorry you dont got p99 on steam, hope this helps
Old 06-13-2022, 12:21 PM
Banned

on the upside u can totally easily play this game with a gamepad