Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

View Poll Results: Interested in a Steam Deck controller layout for P99?
Yes 24 88.89%
No 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2022, 10:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Steam Deck Configurations

Since it is a non-steam game, I do not believe steam creates a community for controller configurations; therefore, I thought I would make a quick poll seeing if anyone else would be interested in either testing a layout, collaborating on a structure, or would benefit from a P99+Steamdeck setup guide.

For those who don't know, P99 seems to run great on the steamdeck and I believe it is completely playable using the controller and does not require a mouse/keyboard (although a keyboard would be useful for chatting, but not required for solo/voip play).
Old 07-11-2022, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

I used to use a Steam Controller (though just with a PC, not a Steam Deck). While a preset config would have been handy, I'd imagine almost everyone would need to adjust their config anyway, for their character. After all a bard is going to need different buttons vs. a rogue vs. a shaman vs. a ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:34 PM
Large Rat

I believe you can customize it to use radial menus for the touchpads, so setting that up for spells+hotkeys would probably be the way to go. I could see it easily being made totally playable with a bit of setup and per-char customization
Old 08-09-2022, 07:57 AM
Large Bat

In general, Steam Deck is the best thing that happened to Valve in recent times, as it adapted the game and its platform in the format of the portable console. I think that because of its success, many Chinese companies will decide to take advantage of the success of SteamDeck and make money on it, namely by creating copies of the console, which to me is so bad. Recently I read on https://www.collectid.io, about the NFC technology, which will allow determining the originality of the product, so it would be nice if in this portable console this technology was implemented, and its purchase was not a lottery, as it was with iPhones.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Do you have a recommended guide for getting it up and running on the Deck? I have the Titanium pack for P99 on my PC, as well as the game folder on a flash drive.
Old 09-03-2022, 09:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

need special ui for small screen
Old 09-15-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannav82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a recommended guide for getting it up and running on the Deck? I have the Titanium pack for P99 on my PC, as well as the game folder on a flash drive.
1. enable ssh on deck
2. copy existing p99 install folder to deck
2a. disable ssh on deck
3. add non steam game > point it to "launch titanium.bat".
4. I forced compatibility to latest stable version (7.0-4) and it ran fine *note I use dgvoodoo2. no idea if that helps or not

You'll likely want to delete or rename eqclient.ini before launching it on the deck the first time, otherwise it'll try using your display settings from your pc and will prob fail.

Have fun setting up the controls!

-Mcoy
Old 10-01-2022, 06:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Unable to load world - load_obj.s3d

I've been running P99 on the Steam Deck successfully for the last few weeks in desktop mode with BT keyboard and mouse. Today when I tried to log on, I got the above mentioned error after choosing either blue or green servers. Any advice to correct this?