Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Orc

Default Off the path necro leveling

Hello all - I'm returning for some very casual play. I have a 22 necro who is lightly twinked. Does anyone have a few suggestions for 22 to 30? I'm hoping for locations that people don't often travel to, preferably some place I myself haven't leveled before. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Swamp of No Hope, the iksar exile camp right at the TT zone line. You'll have to split them, but there are 9 mobs on fast timers.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

The Per-Level Hunting guide (link in my signature) has tons of places for soloing that are off the beaten path. From the guide ...

South Karana and Lake of Ill Omen are popular zones, but they're huge so there's plenty of places you can camp without seeing anyone else. Dagnor's Cauldron and Warsliks Woods are pretty under-utilized, but if you really want to get away from it all you can't beat Ocean of Tears (it's popular, but only on Seafury Isle and Cyclopse Isle; all the rest are usually empty).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-05-2017 at 07:43 PM..
Old 07-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swamp of No Hope, the iksar exile camp right at the TT zone line. You'll have to split them, but there are 9 mobs on fast timers.
this

Have killed these on almost all of my recent toons 24+, they turn "light blue" green once you hit 33. Average 1pp coin drops and the random weapons sell for 2-4pp, rare gem/jewelry as well. TT zone line is close if you need to bail.

Just having taken my necro there I'd recommend waiting until 26 though, the resists are high (wiki is wrong, these mobs are all lv23), and holding down the smaller 3 spawn group is rough at 24 but once you get it split its cake. Make sure you get a max level pet because anything less will get eaten alive before you can get all your dots/fear up.. also note that when breaking the 3 spawn there really isn't room to fear kite so pet will need to face tank.

I wanted to take my mage here but with my very frequent afk's its not worth the cost of root nets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

That's true, it probably would be best to wait until 24 at least. The last character I leveled there is a super twink SK that didn't need to wait as long.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

a sinister alternative to this is in Lesser Faydark

10. Wood Elf Ranger Outpost selling Food and other goods (-280, 1255)

I've not personally done this one but a friend did this with his fungi monk, about the same level range (wiki says lv25, i have no idea if accurate), all low hp wood elf "rangers" (warriors, no magics). prob is you have to open the door to these huts and get smacked by several of them till you split it.
Last edited by Tann; 07-06-2017 at 02:10 PM..
Old 07-07-2017, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

IIR the elf camp in L Fay should be rogues.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Orc

Thanks for the responses. I like the lfay idea quite a lot!
Old 07-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIR the elf camp in L Fay should be rogues.
if true that would literally make splitting a pain in the arse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

about to hit lv31, love the swamp camp cause its almost always open even if i afk for a while. made almost 350 in plat since lv24 and have a bag full of jewelry/gems to sell.

good for new players imo, spells aint cheap.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

I stand corrected, they turn "light blue" green once you hit 32 but still give better exp per kill then they did at 30.