Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Orc

Default Level 56 Monk solo + rare loot

Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions for a spot to solo as a 56 monk that may have a chance for a nice item drop of value. I don't have a lot of time to be grouping so it is nice to be able to come and go as I please. The quickest exp isn't the most important to me, I like the idea that something nice could drop.

My gear isn't terrible - tstaff, fungi, epic, cof and then mostly black panther.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks!
Old 04-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

BW giant fort. They are pretty easy to solo. You'll get (some) xp all the way to 60, and they have rare chance to drop gem encrusted ring (ive seen like 2 out of thousands of giants killed, confirmed still drops)
Old 04-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

I think this is sort of choose two out of three - solo, XP, good loot.

Your gear is certainly very good so you have more options than the average 56 monk. One thing you could try to do is grab a 'Midnight Mallet' and 'Reaper of the Dead' to throw in a tink bag. There are a few camps where monks can handle the PH's easily. However, once the rare mob spawns they crush you. Midnight mallet gives you 35% slow and reaper can give you a complete heal. Again you'd be dropping some plat on re-charges so it's not necessarily worth it to do for a chance at KC level items but if you could do it in Velks or HS could be worth it.

There are camps that allow you to make some decent platinum without having high value rare items. These tend to be an issue for monks unless you have a ton of bag space. Think items like ore, fine steel, armor gems. They can really add up if you're willing to make the trips to the bank or EC. I'm always shocked at how many people ignore stuff like that or let it rot.

Finally, XP is super valuable. I leveled one char to 60 at raptors in TD (made 0 plat), one at bear pits without looting anything (made 0 plat), and one char doing bats and bugs (I probably made a total of 1k total off the golden chitin bracelets and druid BP's there). But at the end of the day people pay extreme amounts to get PL'ed so if you're doing it yourself + solo then you're saving money rather than spending it. Once you're 60 the world opens up to you for plat earning.
Last edited by mefdinkins; 04-04-2018 at 11:05 AM..
Old 04-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Orc

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I should have clarified... I'm looking for a spot to solo for exp, and hoping for a spot that I could have the chance/thrill of a rare drop happening to make it more exciting.

Mefdinkins could you expand on what camps if I were to acquire those items?

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Ironically if you're looking for that kind of camp, T staff camp is your best bet lol
Old 04-04-2018, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

I’d offer up Charasis North for a chance at an Adam Club and great solo exp at level 56. This camp is easier with some root nets for CC or Elder Beads/Probes to help with room splits but is not required.

Unless you have a Slowstone, Frenzy/CE in Velks is just too hard at 56.

Zen
Closed Thread