Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 02:09 AM
Aviak

Default Was the EXP nerfed for blue mobs?

So last night I managed to reach level 3 before logging, I had 3 full bubbles of EXP. I logged in earlier today since I had some time to kill so I spent about an hour killing bats, snakes, skellies, beetles, and so on that were all blue con to me. I checked my EXP bar after that and noticed that it hadn't moved at all. Did the EXP from blue cons get nerfed so people are forced to group and kill red cons or something?
Old 10-28-2019, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

No. It's just slow
Old 10-28-2019, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Killing level 1 mobs at level 2 will take you forever. Killing them at level 3 is basically useless.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

I have this feeling that exp is slower or more is required on green.

I can't prove it though.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing level 1 mobs at level 2 will take you forever. Killing them at level 3 is basically useless.
Pretty much this. Aim mostly for the fire beetles and such that are level 2 or 3 rather than the level 1 blues.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have this feeling that exp is slower or more is required on green.

I can't prove it though.
This has been what a few of us have felt while playing. I wonder if when running it back from 10x, something happened? 2-3 hours of steady killing was a level on blue, but it took us 8 hours of blue/even con mobs (bandits) where the entire camp was ours and we were killing them as they spawned, to get one level. Group level was 10 to 13. Solo exp seems a lot slower too. On blue I was getting like 1-2% or more per high blue kill. Very much not the case on green.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

I was watching the number of kills of level 4 & 5 mobs I killed while I was working through level 7. It all added up like the exp formulas on the wiki said it would.

A trick to exp at low levels, both solo and in groups, is that your exp increases dramatically with each extra level. Because of this, a mob that seemed to be nice exp last level will seem to give crap exp the next level. Putting 10-13 in one group can easily make exp feel like shit because the 10s don't contribute as much as the 13s and the 13s can potentially need 2x the exp for their next level (and take 2x the share per kill that a 10 does) depending on race/class combos. You need about 2.2 million exp to be level 13, but only 1.0 million to be level 10. A 13 ranger is going to eat almost 3x the exp in a group that a level 10 cleric does! With no exp penalty, 44 level 10 mobs will take you from 10 to 11, but it would take 73 level 10 mobs to go from 13 to 14. Also, fighting against blues and evens in a full group when you're not 20+ is a recipe for slow exp. You gotta be fucking buzzsawing through blues and evens in a full group at those levels for decent exp, or killing yellows-reds.

Etc.

At higher levels things are more steady, since exp gain per level isn't so relatively drastic and blue level ranges are wider, so you can sit at the same camp for a while or in group with someone +4 from you (as long as they're not a troll SK and you're a halfling warrior or something) and it not be the end of the world.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-28-2019 at 07:06 AM..
Old 10-28-2019, 07:29 AM
Sarnak

I saw somebody 1 shot a mob. Xp must be awful if it dies that fast. Personally would move to an area with higher mobs.I'm level 3 and I kill level 2 or 3 mobs xp is ok.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:15 AM
Aviak

Red
Yellow
White
Blue
Light Blue
Green
Old 10-28-2019, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Light Blue
Orly
Closed Thread