Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Default What class is most needed

Hello, looking to possibly start on Green. I'm used to my Warrior in raid situations, however I'm interested in maybe mixing it up. What would you say is the most needed class at this current point in time?

Also I'm oriented toward end-game content so any guild that thinks it would be mutually beneficial to assist me getting a character up to a useful level (say level 50 cleric/bard) I would be interested in joining. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The most needed class is the one you enjoy playing the most. Sounds like a cop-out answer, but burnout is a serious problem, guilds have plenty of members come and go due to it all the time. It's always preferable to have someone who is dedicated and consistent (because they enjoy playing the game / class) than an enchanter who shows up to 2 raids and quits, for example.

My honest opinion, i think the server has a small need for good lvl 60 wizards - haven't encountered a ton in my playtime and Wizard Lures are ridiculously good in Velious. Otherwise, enchanter, warrior, Cleric are always good classes that guilds are after.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Bard. A very fun and active class to play, can solo well, and groups love them.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Bard and wizard are definitely always in shorter supply at end game compared to how desirable they are. Bard of course gives you far more options in the leveling up phase of the game. And main clerics of course are always needed.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Another warrior parked and bound in secondary location.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Beastlord.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Bards. Never seem to be enough. I guess cleric and rogue fall into that camp as well.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My honest opinion, i think the server has a small need for good lvl 60 wizards - haven't encountered a ton in my playtime and Wizard Lures are ridiculously good in Velious.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

every class has a role in the end game if they play it right, and the one you want to play most is the best one to play. that said for raid context...

the raid classes are never turned away for end game content (warrior, cleric, wizard, rogue). you can never really have 'too many'. i would maybe even include monks in here due to being able to be both a decent dps and usefulness as a puller who can also track using fd.

some support classes, like bards, are in shorter supply and are always welcome (although the end game isnt as fun as group content for these powerful classes usually). other support classes are common (enchanters, druids) but seem to primarily be alts at the end game and so sometimes they are lacking at the raid.

the rest of the classes are either common (shaman, mages) or only offer niche benefits while lagging in other areas over previously mentioned classes (paladin, shadow knight, ranger, necro).
Old 07-13-2021, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every class has a role in the end game if they play it right, and the one you want to play most is the best one to play. that said for raid context...

the raid classes are never turned away for end game content (warrior, cleric, wizard, rogue). you can never really have 'too many'. i would maybe even include monks in here due to being able to be both a decent dps and usefulness as a puller who can also track using fd.

some support classes, like bards, are in shorter supply and are always welcome (although the end game isnt as fun as group content for these powerful classes usually). other support classes are common (enchanters, druids) but seem to primarily be alts at the end game and so sometimes they are lacking at the raid.

the rest of the classes are either common (shaman, mages) or only offer niche benefits while lagging in other areas over previously mentioned classes (paladin, shadow knight, ranger, necro).
Who turns people away from a raid when there’s no size cap? It’s all a massive zerg nobody is like oh we have 4 Druids already so you’re out sorry Druid
Closed Thread