Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-06-2022, 02:23 AM
Aviak

Question One change you'd love to see?

If you had the power to change just one thing about Everquest p1999, what would it be? Any one thing at all, no matter how important or trivial it might be.

I would love it if every race could be every class. I wanna be able to play an elf monk, or a barbarian wizard, or a troll druid, darn it! Gimme more options! Even a half-elf cleric (lol) should be possible, despite the fact that wis is that race's dump stat. Religion should be similarly open for choice.. if I want to try to play an Innoruuk worshiping high elf who is hated in their own home city, I should be able to! It'd be fun to be able to role play as a member of a good race gone evil, or an evil race trying to repent and reform.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

I'd love to see MQing of epic items disabled
Old 06-06-2022, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

pvp enabled in raid zones
Old 06-06-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to see MQing of epic items disabled
This would be nice but I don't think it would end up being a good thing in the long run. The top zerg guild would then just be the only people getting epics. At least now with MQs random people can get some epic steps done.

What I'd really like to see is an EXP bonus bump for having a 5 or 6 person group. Make it more efficient to have a full group going than it is for everyone to solo. That would be awesome.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Custom UIs, spell sets, pet window, and other QoL items put back in. IMO, they should never have been removed.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:54 AM
Banned

Instanced raid content. P99 is already not classic in a myriad of ways and the #1 complaint for most people is the toxicity and general insanity of how the endgame works here. Being able to experience the endgame without either being a huge neckbeard or a warmbody in one of the 1-2 huge neckbeard guilds would be pretty fantastic.

There's other steps they could take to improve things short of instancing. Drastically reducing/removing variance so people didn't have to track the same stupid ass mobs for 16 hours (I assume it hasn't changed?) every time would be a good start. That's a huge barrier to entry for people trying to raid casually and generally makes you 100% unable to compete unless you have a couple massive neckbeards in your guild willing to do that grueling/boring time waste multiple times a week every week. How many super casual guilds you know have players willing to practice racing in Kael for hours and hours and hours so they can be ready to stare at a screen for 10+ hours straight to race for a chance to kill 1 boss? Not to mention probably still lose every time to somebody that's scripting. I still think instancing is the way to go but getting rid of variance would open the doors for other guilds to make an attempt without having to sink such an enormous effort into tracking.
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 06-06-2022 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-06-2022, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

keyring
Old 06-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I’d like to see mistmoore assaulted by a barbarian hoard to kill the vamps and spread their influence onto faydwer

And then a new class race combo called vampire hunter-half barbarian is available (like a ranger necromancer).

And mistmoore becomes a new level 50-60 dungeon made of barbarians and half barbarians and a corrupted (secretly a vampire) barbarian king boss.

Oh yea, and mayyoung spawns at the empty tomb area now as a raid boss, because he’s no longer sealed because the Barbarian fools delved too deep into the castles catacombs.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Give all classes bind affinity.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Scarves.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]