Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-01-2022, 11:29 PM
Large Rat

Default installer of EQ titanium don't launch on W10

Hello,

So... I wanted to join, but i ran into a problem with the titanium launcher...
-All my drivers are up to date.
-I have win10 LTSC (Long Term Support Channel, which excludes potentially unstable windows feature like store or cortana) (i hope it's not the problem...)
-I have a lot of "extra" libs, like CUDA/CUDNN (because of my job)
-Everquest (the regular one) runs smoothly without a problem.
I found 3 different *ahem* 'sources' for EQ titanium and tried them all for the same result : The install launcher displays the SOE logo for 1-2 seconds... and close without further notice, zero information, zero process left behind.
Compatibility XP SP 1/2/3 and 7 compatibility, tried for no result. (and of course admin)

I didn't find ressources about someone experiencing the same problem, hence why i post here.. maybe someone has a clue of what's going wrong or has experienced and solved the same issue ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my expression, i'm not native english.
regards,
Tarask
Old 10-03-2022, 07:24 PM
Aviak

Well, you first need to ask yourself what you may have installed that others do not. The main thing that stands out is that you are using the enterprise edition of Windows 10. I would start with that.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Do your "differently sourced" isos have different checksums? This guy's video may help you find a working copy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_MMVgJ_Dk

-Mcoy
Old 10-04-2022, 04:53 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, you first need to ask yourself what you may have installed that others do not. The main thing that stands out is that you are using the enterprise edition of Windows 10. I would start with that.
Well that's pretty much why i came here, to find out if people with the same config succeeded.
I couldn't spot what was responsible within what's installed since i have soooo many things installed (i work in AI, so i basically install 30-ish libs a week...)
But thanks ^^
Old 10-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You made my day ! thank you so much ! this one worked perfectly in 5 minutes i was at the character creation !
Thanks a lot and see you online ^^
Tarask
Old 10-05-2022, 04:53 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do your "differently sourced" isos have different checksums? This guy's video may help you find a working copy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_MMVgJ_Dk

-Mcoy
oh, the previous message was supposed to answer you, i don't know what went wrong, i was probably too focused on EQ already :3
Thank you very much !
Old 10-05-2022, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarask [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found 3 different *ahem* 'sources' for EQ titanium
Um, I think I found the problem.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk