Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Getting Started

Perhaps this is the wrong forum to be posting this in, but in the "getting started" part of the website, it says to check the FAQ as to how to obtain a copy of EQ titanium. Currently I'm just torrenting one, but I'm not sure of the integrity of the seed.

Can someone give me some guidance on this part, as well as Step 3 of the "getting started" section.

Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Banned

Yaar matey, the bay where we gather has the perfect EverQuest Titanium to rent! YAAAR!!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Torrenting is not a legal means to obtain Titanium. We cannot discuss illegal means of obtaining EQ: Titanium on these forums. I personally borrowed the client from a group of friends, a very large group of friends. And I've not had any issues playing on P99.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

would be helpful to remind us what step 3 of getting started is if you want help with it....

i know i havent checked that for a while, and am too lazy to look it up.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Aviak

Technically, the only thing the mods can officially tell you to do is BUY a copy. I'm pretty sure even borrowing it from a friend and using it here is technically illegal.

Now do we all buy a now-defunct version of a half-dead MMO? No. But to safeguard the mods you need to either think for yourself on this one or talk to people outside of the forums.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

is it *really* illegal to talk about it though?

i mean, the game has gone free to play, doesnt that make the client fall under some type of general use license where this isnt such a big deal anymore?

I don't know enough about the way these laws work to answer this, maybe someone else does. Regardless, people should know by now how to get old software online [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Aviak

I am curious though, when/if 2019 rolls aroudn (maybe it would be 2018) will the game officially be able to be legally obtained in such a way? I had heard about patents expiring 20 years after they are filed, but I could be way off on this whole idea...just copy and pasted from wikipedia...

In the United States, under current patent law, the term of patent, provided that maintenance fees are paid on time, are:

For applications filed on or after June 8, 1995,[1] the patent term is 20 years from the filing date of the earliest U.S. application to which priority is claimed (excluding provisional applications).[2]

Edit: If this is totally irrelevant/wrong, just ignore me :-P, don't mean to derail this thread. Don't know if a game is "patented" or how it all works.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally borrowed the client from a group of friends, a very large group of friends.
LOL, good one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

I actually bought the discs on eBay. Third disc was scratched, so I borrowed from a large group of friends as well. To find these friends many a sailing adventures and searches for buried treasure took place.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually bought the discs on eBay. Third disc was scratched, so I borrowed from a large group of friends as well. To find these friends many a sailing adventures and searches for buried treasure took place.
im assuming you visited at least one bay in your travels.

or maybe you just went on a hunt for isometric geometry.

alright im done =P

but can anyone provide some speculation on my above post?

Quote:
Closed Thread