Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor
Question Psycher/Chebby's Texture Projects

So after following this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=121490

I also found this site:

http://modp99.forumotion.com/

I liked the West Freeport improved textures Psycher released, and was hoping to get the other ones he made, but it appears the download links are broken. I'm curious if anything else became of these projects, and if anyone still has these files somewhere?
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 06-07-2015, 07:21 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

No one has any ideas on this? Would be sad if his work got lost in the vacuum of the world wide web.

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

Old 06-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

if I knew the exact software and procedure he was using i'd finish off the project
Old 06-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulghor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked the West Freeport improved textures Psycher released, and was hoping to get the other ones he made, but it appears the download links are broken.
The links you posted don't contain anything about west freeport. Your links were character models and some dead forum.

If you're talking about this:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2482

You can get that here: http://p99.yourfirefly.com/
High-res S3D files from EQ Trilogy install

This isn't rocket science, it's all been covered on the forums. Search, Read & Learn.
If that wasn't it, please link the correct thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if I knew the exact software and procedure he was using i'd finish off the project
As for what programs they're using to achieve modified textures not from a an orginal eq distro, like the character models. I'd bet it is S3DSpy + photoshop (or Gimp)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-07-2015 at 02:04 PM..
Old 06-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Why do people want to improve on perfection?
Old 06-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do people want to improve on perfection?
I'll never understand it.

Cazic Thule and his 7 polygon's already is perfect. He doesn't need someone trying to improve him.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Hey its Chebby, retexturing zones takes alot of time which kinda stalled my progress because interest seemed pretty low. It's alot of renaming, extracting, and waiting lol. I haven't worked on zones in a few months and I've also heard that the serverer operators are pretty against modifing zone files which is exactly what i do. Essentially I don't want to waste my time if this is frowned upon by the server owners.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The links you posted don't contain anything about west freeport. Your links were character models and some dead forum.

If you're talking about this:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2482

You can get that here: http://p99.yourfirefly.com/
High-res S3D files from EQ Trilogy install

This isn't rocket science, it's all been covered on the forums. Search, Read & Learn.
If that wasn't it, please link the correct thread.

As for what programs they're using to achieve modified textures not from a an orginal eq distro, like the character models. I'd bet it is S3DSpy + photoshop (or Gimp)
Please don't troll my post. This isn't the RnF forum.

I linked the correct threads, along with the correct forum. Bottom of the first post on the first link, right where it says "=== Experimental / Work in progress stuff ===" has modified files on the West Freeport zone that look nice.

Furthermore, the "dead forum" link has a zone retexturing section that I was interested in, which was the whole point of this post. These are not the same as the Luclin zone textures.

Last edited by Thulghor; 06-07-2015 at 10:25 PM..
Old 06-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey its Chebby, retexturing zones takes alot of time which kinda stalled my progress because interest seemed pretty low. It's alot of renaming, extracting, and waiting lol. I haven't worked on zones in a few months and I've also heard that the serverer operators are pretty against modifing zone files which is exactly what i do. Essentially I don't want to waste my time if this is frowned upon by the server owners.
That's a good point. I didn't know that. I like the work you have done though, it's really nice. Keeps the classic feel, but clears up some of the muddiness of the textures.

Hopefully we can get a stance idea from the devs on this.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious too.

Closed Thread