Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Default Trouble logging into character in EC

Ran through WC tonight and on zoning to EC game crashed. Spent 10 minutes trying to get back in only to either crash, get sent back to server select, or get to character select but tell me my spell files may be out of date. Finally I got back in, zoned to west freeport fine, then north freeport fine, then west again, then crashed going to EC, and haven't been able to log him in for 30 minutes or more. Other characters in other zones seem to have no problem getting in.

Help me
Old 02-26-2018, 10:40 PM
Kobold

Just to update. Had another two characters that were already in EC prior to this trouble and I was successful in logging into them. My main character is still unable to login, being in EC.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:42 PM
Kobold

Still can't get this guy logged in. No suggestions?
Old 02-27-2018, 04:47 PM
Banned

Check your internet connection. Verify that you have plenty of bandwidth to spare. P99 will appear to crash if it can't get a solid connection.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Should be fine on internet. Every other character I have I can log in. Just not my main
Old 02-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Kobold

Took another character of mine and zoned from east commons to west freeport and then back into EC, then logged on my main and was able to get in. Crashed at the west commons zone in, couldn't get back in and did that again with the other character. Haven't crashed again yet after two more zones. So don't know what happened or is still happening but it appears I found a work around (albeit an annoying one...)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Skeleton

I've had a similar issue. I was on my Main character, running from WC to EC a few days ago. I crashed during zone and decided not to log back in. The next day I logged in and noticed I couldn't move, type, press buttons it seems that I instantly crash when I log in. Any fix for this? I have no other characters in the zone. I have FIOS for internet. I'm not sure what to do?
Old 03-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Aviak

Default Worth a shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had a similar issue. I was on my Main character, running from WC to EC a few days ago. I crashed during zone and decided not to log back in. The next day I logged in and noticed I couldn't move, type, press buttons it seems that I instantly crash when I log in. Any fix for this? I have no other characters in the zone. I have FIOS for internet. I'm not sure what to do?
It seems as though your internet should be solid enough with FIOS (but obviously confirm nothing goofy with firewall or anything else internet-wise).

One thing that has helped me in the past with logging into EC (on my crappy satellite internet) is starting a new character in FP and zoning over to EC..... this can help with a couple issues.

If your main is carrying too many items or items that might be bugged on your system, they may not be loading properly and cause the game to crash. Having a level 1 character would at least cause you to not have those items on you while loading and thus not crash.

the other thing is making sure the zone files are good too. by using a lvl 1 character, loading into EC would ensure (or not) that your EC zone files were good to go. If your level 1 character still won't load in, its probable that your file has corrupted somehow and a complete reinstall might be the next step.

Just a couple of things that have helped me in the past but I know my problems are typically internet issues due to ping.

GL and update if you get a fix that works.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Skeleton

Thank you for the information Jalico. I'll get back to you.

Edit: Did not work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] New character zoned in fine, but Main still crashed. I tried it twice. Might try it again later.
Last edited by Nge; 03-02-2018 at 03:06 AM..
Old 03-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Large Bat

I'm having this issue as well. Gated my main to EC and game froze, no message but it was completely locked up. Had to manually shut down and restart. Tried to relog and it froze immediately upon loading. Shut down and restarted again. Tried a different char, including one that is also in EC and had no issue, retried my main and immediately froze upon loading.

I'll try zoning on my alt to nro and see if that does anything for my main but it's getting irritating quickly.