Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Default Next?

I’m always looking for new gear to replace my low end gear. With monk it can be hard accumulating those platinum pieces. But I have been fortunate with my travels so far.

ATM he is in Crystal Caverns killing Orcs which are greening out and sometimes duo geo’s.

Orc’s aren’t as lucrative in pp but he manages a good steady flow.

With his current gear.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Lorezak

He has about 2k in the bank with the recent purchase of the IFS along with items to sell so can stretch to about 3k.

What should I concentrate on first to replace or which items should I go for?

He isn’t guilded and normally solo’s.

Have started epic with the acquisition of the headband and sash. Since my monk is a iksar I had to create a lvl 1 human monk in Freeport and luckily a member of the kittens who say meow guild Skribner helped with my transfers for the sash. He also helped with transfers to my ranger to finish the headband quests.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:54 PM
Kobold

you could start working on MR gear...

My suggestion is save up to 5k and buy a tink bag.. they retain their value, and will help you carry more stuff to sell to make more plat without going over your weight limit.

Earring of essence and wurm scale coat would be a good start for your first real resist pieces. With this being your only char i wouldnt go past those items maybe a 2nd tink bag... then save all your plat for a fungi. You may have to use some of that plat to finish your epic, you can get a stave of shielding for your offhand if you like.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 AM
Fire Giant

i dunno about purchasing MR or tink bag at this stage, the OP stated that he had a budget of 2-3k

jboots, mr, tink bags are all considered utility luxuries and i think OP has other priorities to focus on

weapon and haste provides you the biggest impact, and fungi for soloing until 51/52

If i were OP, i'd go for the haste robe first (whether you pay or get the pipes yourself), epic first can come later. other than that, an upgraded haste item or a decent 1hb (like sos or ac) will go a long way.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:41 AM
Banned

My monk is in a similar position as yours is.

You're in a good spot, but planning ahead, your next major purchases will be an Adamantite Club and Stave of Shielding. The IFS is great, but those two weapons will pull ahead in your 50s.

Start working on sash and headband quests and get your Robe of the Lost Circle.

OR possibly easier...join a guild and kill Brother Z or Brother Q for the robe. That will save you some time (especially when it comes to camping Raster of Guk).

I was able to solo the entire quest at 50 if that's what you want to do though, and Raster was only a 13 hour camp for me.

After you have your Robe of the Lost Circle and AC/SoS around 50ish, you'll probably want to save up for a Chardok pipe MQ.

You'll want to find a guild as well. One that does Plane of Sky. Rotation: https://wiki.project1999.com/Plane_of_Sky_Raid_Rotation

In Sky there's a haste belt that rots a lot, called Belt of Tranquility. Once you get your epic, you'll need to replace your SCHW. That's free right there.

Also, camp a Large Soiled Bag. It's an easy 100% WR bag for food/drink and bandages.

After all that, I would get a Tink Bag and then Jboots or something.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:42 AM
Banned

I'm not sure what level you can start soloing Raster....

...but I sure wish I XP'd in lower guk doing the Raster camp while I waited to get lucky on him to spawn.

Seriously, I suggest doing this as early as possible and until you get him / it greens out to no XP gain.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what level you can start soloing Raster....

...but I sure wish I XP'd in lower guk doing the Raster camp while I waited to get lucky on him to spawn.

Seriously, I suggest doing this as early as possible and until you get him / it greens out to no XP gain.
I just did mine a couple of weeks ago.

I recommend 50. The minotaurs around Raster are still light blue at 50. You can probably do it earlier with a Fungi though.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Wow thanks for the responses. Great advice.

Seems like my monk is in a good spot. I do agree on saves being something I should shoot for but when looking at wiki they don’t list prices. So I’m not to worried about it. When picking out gear I always take a lesser item if it has saves. When soloing resisting that nuke or dot is more beneficial then 5 more of any stat.

I thought about jboots but pots are working fine atm.

I didn’t show all my bags because I wanted to show my 1hb’s. I have 2 shralok bags, 3 lionhide bags, evil eye and the herb bag that drops off the herbalist in CC.

Do ppl kill brother Q or Z? If they do what’s the going pp charge for that and is it a single grp fight? Also do the jboots farmers kill Z to help speed along the the chance hasten spawns?

Is the idol, code of zan fi MQible? If so what’s the going price? And pipes?

Knowing the price for those items would help with the decision of the time sink since I don’t have the luxury of play time as I did as a teen.

Besides haste robe and my schws is there another haste item I should shoot for?

I have been thinking about picking up a SOS or AC. But I have the wu sticks and with my current dex they hardly proc. Should I increase my dex to help these weapons proc more?

Also besides gear improvements what about my cash flow. I’m a casual player time invented per week may be 3-6hrs and sometimes I get 12. What are some spots I should be hunting at for modest amount of xp but for more item drops or plat per kill?
Old 08-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

I was trioing raster with mid 30s group. Cleric, monk, druid.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Banned

Yeah, I'd say invest in SoW pots before going in on some Jboots.

As far as bags, Evil Eye is great but it also weighs 3.0, so make sure it's not counterproductive.

People kill both Brother Q and Z. Brother Z is probably easier to spawn though. You need at least a beefy group of 60's, including a Warrior with discs up. Jboot farmers probably need to wait 4 hours for Brother Z to despawn.

The Idol is NOT MQ'able, but the Code of Zan Fi is. However, the Code of Zan Fi is easy to get if you tag along in a Royals group in SolB. Pipe MQs are 2k for KC pipe/10k for Chardok pipe.

Haste item you could shoot for is RBG which is 20k, every other upgrade is at least twice that amount or raid drops, etc.

Don't worry about increasing Dex for procs. It's only worth it for Warriors, really. The DD proc on the AC procs a lot even with mediocre Dex.

As a monk farming cash, I recommend anything that drops gems because weight, etc.

Also, in KC a lot of clicky gauntlets drop which are "Small" so they fit inside a Large Soiled Bag and they sell anywhere between 300p-500p.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a monk farming cash, I recommend anything that drops gems because weight, etc.
Know any good spots besides geos?
Closed Thread