Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

So this is a private event? Aww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

Anybody putting together their own pan-guild raid is free to configure things as they see fit; dependent only upon the continued support of those who they'll be leading.

The leader is under no obligation to pander to any particular person's personal needs, and insisting that your personal dissatisfaction implies that the event is ill-conceived altogether is quite frankly comical and more than just a little infantile.

Wishing bad fortune upon the initiative of another when unwilling to engage in that same initiative oneself is cowardly and shameful.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfetti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's lame. My necromancer can pull, twitch, dot and heal! I'm like a Bard in a dress. Isn't Detoxx always posting in recruitment about come "play and spend your DKPs how you want? Class and level be damned." This event seems to be quite the opposite of that. I'm sure quite a few people are put off by this development.

I hope all your drops are leather gloves and helms!
I agree to maybe have a necromancer instead of a cleric but meh, it's his rodeo. One necromancer makes it so there is absolutely no wasted time inbetween mobs pretty much. I suppose 4 clerics could rotate well enough though to not lose any noticeable amount of mana, especially if its a good tank.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Only takes 2 clerics to heal HoT. With 4, you’re just sitting around for free pixels
Old 10-30-2017, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Why get 4 rogues? Hatchlings near Eashen quad when given weapons and put out about 150+ DPS. Can be snared, stunned, mezzed with dazzle, charmed with allure and VP staff... very easy to handle.

Should recruit more Enchanters.
Last edited by Daldaen; 10-30-2017 at 02:00 PM..
Old 10-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody putting together their own pan-guild raid is free to configure things as they see fit; dependent only upon the continued support of those who they'll be leading.

The leader is under no obligation to pander to any particular person's personal needs, and insisting that your personal dissatisfaction implies that the event is ill-conceived altogether is quite frankly comical and more than just a little infantile.

Wishing bad fortune upon the initiative of another when unwilling to engage in that same initiative oneself is cowardly and shameful.
Well said, I would add that the exclusiveness is actually a positive, not a negative, for those who will sign up.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfetti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eabon is right. I'm calling on those who were going to participate to boycott this event until it is an open and fair event for all!!
Why don’t you lead your own HoT group then? It’s his raid and he can do whatever he wants. You sound quite shrill and immature, even if he did need your class he’s probably exclude you based on personality.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

I've been to a lot of open raids and lead a few as well. The most successful ones (Eabon's) are those where the raid leader ensures that there are a sufficient number experienced/geared players in the key roles. The less successful ones have inexperienced pullers, 1 cleric, undergeared tanks, and so on. Naethyn is taking this philosophy to an extreme, but that's his choice because he is doing the organizational grunt work.

Stop whining.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

I was a participant in Eabon's open Sky raids ca. early 2013 and those were the best raids I've been apart of on p99. Such efficient clears. Much loot obtained by all (sadly never got my FD ring tho!). I remember we eventually had to stop publicly posting the raid info because there was too much interest and so we had to trim the participants down to only needed classes. It's just necessary for challenging content. For Kael arena? That's easy. You can do an open raid with 60 people there and zerg Vindi no problem. If you get a bunch of low 50's in HoT with no resist gear they will be more harm than good and literally just leeching drops from more deserving participants.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-31-2017, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Not quite 60 or I'd definitely be interested!!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread