Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

The more I think about it, the more uncertain I am of trying green when it launches. Unless the staff changes their minds on things, all that will happen is players will start with fresh vanilla / kunkark / velious with the correct time frame of release and patches and it will last for a little over two years. And then everyone is dumped on Blue and Green is wiped and refreshed.

So... Why not just screw around with the loot you got and the characters you got on Blue if playing the game at all is your thing? I get the reasoning behind people wanting a Day 1 start and the competition of seeing how far you can get with your guild within a finite time frame. I totally get it. But if you don't happen to be one of those people, the appeal really drops off sharply.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Fresh start for many people, I can't wait.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

I suppose if I use this oppertunity to make that dwarf rogue I always thought about, I can live on green in peace ;D
Old 04-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists are one of the biggest problems. Once you have a camp you can hold it forever...you can't force your way into owning a camp by getting on a list unless the holders screw up. (And before someone chimes in with the rules about the lists, the rules actually don't require someone to pass the camp to someone merely because they have been waiting there --- de facto, the camp can be held FOREVER by a guild that passes to each other permanently.)

Don't believe me...wait until you see what happens to manastones.

Unfortunately, this is also apparently classic.
Sounds like the best way to enjoy green is to not care about the big money items or the absolute best XP spots..... kind of like how it was on live for 99% of the playerbase. Like
The poopsockers have their item minigame, doesn’t effect normal players.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

I suppose one approach to take involves good old early game plat value. While some players coordinate to lock down guise / rubicite / manastone camps and possibly other similar discontinued item camps, they aren't busy leveling or farming plat. Other players that solely focus on rapidly leveling a character with a low, low gear requirement could farm plat as well as key necessary early raid gear items for sales and turn around and make offers to the rare item farmers and get what they want that way.

The only real fly in the ointment with this approach would be coordinated players of say, 20-30 people locking down experience group locations and rotating the rare camps being held so they're permanently in their hands while leveling. An easy answer to this would be a PvP environment where the play nice policy is thrown out the window. No one gets to lock anything down unless they have rock solid help and they're willing to fight for it. The other answer, or course, would be to just start the server off without those limited time drop items... Which would have grognards screaming "NOT CLASSIC".

At least bard swarming will have their nerf intact and a fresh server won't come up with bugged Magician weapons and other foolishness.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:47 PM
Orc

Why are people so obsessed with being able to get a guise or not? I have seen this same sentiment shared by at least a dozen people since the Green server teaser. So what if you don't get a chance to get one of these items? If you don't have an opportunity to receive one of these items that will be perma camped will this really affect your gaming experience so much? Maybe I'm just failing to see the reasoning but I just don't understand why you would A) think it would play out in any other way considering this is a non instanced MMO where all the sought after items/camps have been known for over a decade and B) complain about it or let it affect your decision to play on Green. Do you have a chance to go and camp a Guise on Blue server? No. Is Blue server a fun place to play? I'd say so personally. If you disagree I don't understand why you're on the Project 1999 forums to begin with. I don't mean this as an attack on anyone I am actually genuinely perplexed as to why this would affect anybody's decision on whether or not they'd roll on Green.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vade700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am actually genuinely perplexed as to why this would affect anybody's decision on whether or not they'd roll on Green.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:50 PM
Kobold

I imagine because if they can't obtain those items on Green, it's just another Blue but with less to do, and with none of their existing characters on the same server.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Well this whole time I was thinking people who would switch would be playing green exclusively instead of blue but I suppose it's possible people could play green alongside blue. I guess I thought the idea of ditching all the connections one had made while playing in pursuit of one or two items sounded strange was all.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vade700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are people so obsessed with being able to get a guise or not? I have seen this same sentiment shared by at least a dozen people since the Green server teaser. So what if you don't get a chance to get one of these items? If you don't have an opportunity to receive one of these items that will be perma camped will this really affect your gaming experience so much? Maybe I'm just failing to see the reasoning but I just don't understand why you would A) think it would play out in any other way considering this is a non instanced MMO where all the sought after items/camps have been known for over a decade and B) complain about it or let it affect your decision to play on Green. Do you have a chance to go and camp a Guise on Blue server? No. Is Blue server a fun place to play? I'd say so personally. If you disagree I don't understand why you're on the Project 1999 forums to begin with. I don't mean this as an attack on anyone I am actually genuinely perplexed as to why this would affect anybody's decision on whether or not they'd roll on Green.
A lot of people I know have always wanted to play as a Karana worshipping Dark Elf Ranger. They only have a short chance to have this now ;D