Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

What's so wrong with pulling at 20-30 mana instead of 70-30 and keeping it in reserve?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I don't get some of your rants. Normally I don't piece apart quotes, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People pulling at 20-30 mana instead of 70-30 and keeping it in reserve.
If my group is at 70 mana while I am pulling I am doing something wrong. Sweet spot is keeping group around 30-40 mana. Just stagger the buff cycle.

Quote:
People rellying on sustained dps and not factoring in burst dps.
How is this not the right way to do it unless you are aoeing?

Quote:
People to fucking lazy to spend 4 mins buffing a few spells so they can chainpull the next 30.
Just stagger the buff cycle. No reason a cleric should be doing hero/symbol/bulwark/resists all at the same time only to go oom again in a hour.

Quote:
They cant fucking sit a full med cycle.
Who does this in groups? If you want to do it so people can get a smoke/stretch their feet, cool. Everyone needs a break. But is sounds like you want to blow your load pretty quick and the med up.

Quote:
They cant handle an afk for 5 mins.
Should be fine for most classes. Just announce it and promptly return. If you are a key class (read: tank/puller/cleric), this might be a good time for the above break.

Quote:
Their fucking pathetic. Learn to play motherfuckers, pace yourselves, and take things easier, the mobs are gonna come only so fucking fast, so be ready for that shit that fucks up cause no one is perfect.
I firmly believe in the puller setting a comfortable pace. But this goes towards sustained dps.

Quote:
Its not about how many mobs you can pull in one night in oasis if you cant handle a place like CT. Go there, love it, learn it, become a pro there. Until you do dont fucking shitup my godamn groups or zones.
Not sure what this means ...

Quote:
Also when your a puller fucking split camps properly, leave a small window before mobs going down so that your fucking casters have a chance to med 1 tick between each pull, do it in an orderly fashion.
I don't see pullers splitting enough and pacing properly. I just see them bring all 4 or 5 mobs, expect group to CC. While this might seem reasonable when you have a good enchanter, usually this makes no sense to me. A lot more mana usually wasted and it can be inefficient. Further, you just have to do it again next spawn cycle. When doing a camp like, say, disco, I like to pull a couple mobs out of each room in rotation. Takes a couple mins more the first cycle to set it up, but them all further cycles are nicely broken and pulls come in nice and paced. Can then expand the camp a little where there are lulls. Basically, I believe the group should be constantly fighting and have 1 or 2 mobs in camp at all times. This is an exp group after all.

Quote:
If your a fucking int caster, wiz or mage and its not your godamn job to pull, just sit tight and fucking /assist dont try to fucking make the group go any fucking faster. Its annoying as fucking hell to clerics and tanks.
Sure, I guess. Some people get bored though. If the group wants to do things a little different, even if less efficient, to break up the monotony, I don't see a problem with that.

Basically it sounds to me like you would be better suited to soloing. That way you can do your burst dps and then med 10 mins+. Most exp groups don't roll this way. From my experience, exp groups like to be constantly fighting, at a nice and reasonable pace, that is mana efficient. Keep fighting for 45 mins to an hour, then take a couple mins to get a drink/whatever. The keep rolling on.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peatree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's so wrong with pulling at 20-30 mana instead of 70-30 and keeping it in reserve?
This whole thread seems to be another big whine. I suspect he had a group wipe and he's butthurt enough to take it to the forums. The state of RnF is pathetic.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I don't get some of your rants. Normally I don't piece apart quotes, but:

If my group is at 70 mana while I am pulling I am doing something wrong. Sweet spot is keeping group around 30-40 mana. Just stagger the buff cycle.

How is this not the right way to do it unless you are aoeing?

Just stagger the buff cycle. No reason a cleric should be doing hero/symbol/bulwark/resists all at the same time only to go oom again in a hour.

Who does this in groups? If you want to do it so people can get a smoke/stretch their feet, cool. Everyone needs a break. But is sounds like you want to blow your load pretty quick and the med up.

Should be fine for most classes. Just announce it and promptly return. If you are a key class (read: tank/puller/cleric), this might be a good time for the above break.

I firmly believe in the puller setting a comfortable pace. But this goes towards sustained dps.

Not sure what this means ...

I don't see pullers splitting enough and pacing properly. I just see them bring all 4 or 5 mobs, expect group to CC. While this might seem reasonable when you have a good enchanter, usually this makes no sense to me. A lot more mana usually wasted and it can be inefficient. Further, you just have to do it again next spawn cycle. When doing a camp like, say, disco, I like to pull a couple mobs out of each room in rotation. Takes a couple mins more the first cycle to set it up, but them all further cycles are nicely broken and pulls come in nice and paced. Can then expand the camp a little where there are lulls. Basically, I believe the group should be constantly fighting and have 1 or 2 mobs in camp at all times. This is an exp group after all.

Sure, I guess. Some people get bored though. If the group wants to do things a little different, even if less efficient, to break up the monotony, I don't see a problem with that.

Basically it sounds to me like you would be better suited to soloing. That way you can do your burst dps and then med 10 mins+. Most exp groups don't roll this way. From my experience, exp groups like to be constantly fighting, at a nice and reasonable pace, that is mana efficient. Keep fighting for 45 mins to an hour, then take a couple mins to get a drink/whatever. The keep rolling on.
You sir were carried by your guild <TMO> accross the finishing line and are part of the problem of why i get pissed at groups in this game and why I am not in your fucking retarded bluebie guild.

I disagree. Dont be a fucking faggot.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole thread seems to be another big whine. I suspect he had a group wipe and he's butthurt enough to take it to the forums. The state of RnF is pathetic.
Whining that other people are whining... congratz brew weclome to RnF
Old 09-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peatree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good question, its alright behavior in a place like oasis or Overthere were mobs dont cast much and you dont need to deal with adds/casters and cc etc...

But people are treating the entire game like its westfall or deadmines.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whining that other people are whining... congratz brew weclome to RnF
I don't whine. I say fuck you, and I mean it.

Confirmed: butthurt from group wiping, probably days later.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't whine. I say fuck you, and I mean it.

Confirmed: butthurt from group wiping, probably days later.
Me too Fuck u, feel better cause i sure as hell do. Fucking wowfagtards mad cause they cant succeed outside of oasis comin here cryin at me for callin em out lol.

Hurd pandaria is out. get your kungfu on dood.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Me too Fuck u, feel better cause i sure as hell do. Fucking wowfagtards mad cause they cant succeed outside of oasis comin here cryin at me for callin em out lol.

Hurd pandaria is out. get your kungfu on dood.
Someone definitely came here crying. Sorry your group wiped. Have you tried Karnor's Castle? I've heard corpse runs are easy there.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

Dood, aint no groups wipin on my shift. I came here to be mad fat and sad about this godamn new generation of peoples on the boxes. Big difference learn how to take a rant when you see one and don't "assume the worst". I aint tellin you how to play, I am just telling you you suck for playing that way.

Plenty of duo's, trio's and fun groups still out there to be had, but not with these derps lol.

Thxkbye.
Closed Thread