Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs down Wikipedia "not valid source" rant part 2.

In college you can use any rinky dink ass joe schmoe website* for a source. How do I know??? cuz i did it for like every paper ever dummy

But then wikipedia, with 9000000000 nerd nazis working around the clock to keep bad info and torlling out, is not acceptable

* Unless ur like goin 4 doctorate then u can only use like .gov which is even worse than joe schmoe in terms of disinfo

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

fo real
Old 09-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Wikipedia is an amazing source of secondary research. I use it constantly, for everything. But the nature of wikipedia makes it unsuitable for scholarly papers. Just too editable and it takes time for the "nazis" to catch everything.

Once I was at a sushi restaurant with a friend who was behaving badly. They gave him a "complimentary" fried green tea ice cream (tempura green tea ice cream). But they put it on a bed of red onions and wasabi. I knew they were fucking with him, but I convinced him it was just a "traditional" way of serving it (didn't want any more bad behavior). I went home and edited the wikipedia entry for japanese fried ice cream and included information about how, in more traditional restaurants, it is served on a bed of red onions and wasabi. I told him to look it up. I think my entry was on there a good week or two.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Good lord, this forum is full of pissing and moaning lately.

Go down to that shit at the bottom of the Wikipedia entry, where they cite their sources. Click through to the primary research. Put it in your paper. Stop whining.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

I see wut u mean ya but no1 write paper on japanese fried paper try changin e=mc^2 to e = mc vagina

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
Quote:
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good lord, this forum is full of pissing and moaning lately.

Go down to that shit at the bottom of the Wikipedia entry, where they cite their sources. Click through to the primary research. Put it in your paper. Stop whining.
if u notice those are all joe schmo websites too

Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

thankfully my profs aren't ignorant and accept wikipedya
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if u notice those are all joe schmo websites too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monetary_policy

Notes and references

1. "Monetary Policy". Federal Reserve Board. January 3, 2006.
2. "Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies". Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier. 2010.
3. "B.M. Friedman, "Monetary Policy," Abstract.". International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences. 2001. pp. 9976–9984.
4. Rogoff, Kenneth, 1985. "The Optimal Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target", Quarterly Journal of Economics 100, pp. 1169–1189
5. Forder, James (December 2004). ""Credibility" in Context: Do Central Bankers and Economists Interpret the Term Differently?" (pdf). Econ Journals Watch.
6. Bordo, Michael D., 2008. "monetary policy, history of," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd Edition. Abstract and pre-publication copy.
7. "Bank of England founded 1694". BBC. March 31, 2006.
8. "Federal Reserve Act". Federal Reserve Board. May 14, 2003.
9. Friedman, Milton (1948). "A Monetary and Fiscal Framework for Economic Stability". American Economic Review 38 (3): 245–264.
10. Friedman, Milton (1960). A Program for Monetary Stability. Fordham University Press.
11. Bernanke, Ben (2006). "Monetary Aggregates and Monetary Policy at the Federal Reserve: A Historical Perspective". Federal Reserve.
12. Nelson, Edward (2007). "Milton Friedman and U.S. Monetary History: 1961–2006". Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review (89 (3)): 171.
13. "Blog: Favorite Friedman quotes".[dead link]
14. Friedman, Milton quotes, Wikiquote
15. "Third-party candidates attack Federal Reserve System | Independent Political Report". Retrieved 12 May 2011.
16. "Exchange Rates". The Library of Economics and Liberty. March 31, 2006.
17. "The Case Against the Fed". June 5, 2009.
18. Orphanides, Athanasios. Taylor rules (Abstract). The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd Edition. v. 8. pp. 200–04.
19. Abdel-Monem, Tarik. "What is The Gold Standard?". University of Iowa Center for The Center for International Finance and Development.
20. Eichengreen, Barry (1992). Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919–1939. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-506431-3
21. Olivei, Giovanni P. (2002). "Switzerland’s Approach to Monetary Policy". New England Economic Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Boston) (Second Quarter): 57–60.
22. "Monetary Policy Framework". Bank Of England. 2006.
23. "U.S. Monetary Policy: An Introduction". Federal Bank of San Francisco. 2004.

Stop writing papers about fried green tea ice cream.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

lol those are bank of england and the fed sources.... super accurate and honest info im sure

Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol those are bank of england and the fed sources.... super accurate and honest info im sure
Have you considered a trade school? Plumbers make really good money. If you're in repairs, it's basically recession-proof. HVAC is a good field, too.
Closed Thread