Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Kobold

Having sifted through most of this thread, I think it sounds pretty terrific. I think it was suggested (stealin?) breaking the patch mobs into tiers and only allowing guilds a certain amount per tier. I would be absolutely for this if the patch does NOT reset the "regular" mobs, and against it if it does. I think the former would basically provide a little added content, allow ALL guilds to participate in the "patch days", but spread it out more fairly. At the same time the "regular" mobs would be business as usual (for better or worse).

Obviously being in TMO I look out for my own, but I think this would be pretty good for the server in general. While perhaps a bit artificial, and not classic, it may be needed for the health of the community and to give more people a chance to experience the content they have been looking forward to. I don't see how anyone could complain about this proposed system as basically everyone would have a chance at more mobs than they would have otherwise.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Sarnak

I don't think you will see GM's enforce a tier system, though i agree tier system on the "patch day" would pretty much accomplish everything the medium/smaller guilds are asking for. I agree with Reptak "patch day" tier, and regular spawn open season with all the fun that goes along with racing, after all the "patch day" spawns are bonuses. The thing to remember is if the guilds on server just work together they could implement any system they wanted on "patch days", all of us share a love for classic or we wouldnt be here, why don't we come together on this?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baramur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing to remember is if the guilds on server just work together they could implement any system they wanted on "patch days", all of us share a love for classic or we wouldnt be here, why don't we come together on this?
There's a Raid Guild sub-forum just for this purpose... any guildleaders wanna roger up for trying to work something out?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Missed this while i was typing out the great american novel. I think splorf just hit the nail on the head. If there is one life lesson learned from EQ, it's reverse-coveting... : Hey dere.. mah shiny tings not as fun iff udders also git dere shiny tings dat look like mah shiny tings... (insert troll bottom-scratch for effect).
unfortunately splorf must not be able to read because I have been for server repops since it was first suggested
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unfortunately splorf must not be able to read because I have been for server repops since it was first suggested
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...&postcount=228 ?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can guarantee that BDA would take an interest in VP if training weren't the deciding factor in the zone. This might mean that TMO would have to defend VP immediately upon a server repop instead of leaving VP until the end after they competed for other targets.

Other guilds would then have a better shot at taking targets. Just a thought.
I've been keyed for VP since April and I won't go in the zone because I don't want to spend 8 hours of my day getting trained.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Banned

GMs threw their hands up on VP laws, I wouldnt expect them to care now with everything else falling apart and Velious in the wings
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

VP laws, or lack of laws regarding training, is 100% classic. I am sorry that you do not wish to experience classic VP as it was originally intended. It is supposed to be an extremely dangerous zone for only the bravest adventurers and was only designed to be a zone that very few people per server got to experience.

Sometimes you just need to grit your teeth, wipe the mud off your face, and step back up to the plate. Go in with no dragons up and practice training, practice moving see invis wurms and dropping AE/fear wurms in strategic locations. Work on using the zone to your advantage like everyone before you was forced to do. We have set up teams to practice such things and that (besides our lightning fast mobilization times, solid communication skills, and general organization) has allowed us to reign over VP.

Don't like it? Do something about other than whine about how its not fair and how you need a special rule set for yourselves.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VP laws, or lack of laws regarding training, is 100% classic. I am sorry that you do not wish to experience classic VP as it was originally intended. It is supposed to be an extremely dangerous zone for only the bravest adventurers and was only designed to be a zone that very few people per server got to experience.

Sometimes you just need to grit your teeth, wipe the mud off your face, and step back up to the plate. Go in with no dragons up and practice training, practice moving see invis wurms and dropping AE/fear wurms in strategic locations. Work on using the zone to your advantage like everyone before you was forced to do. We have set up teams to practice such things and that (besides our lightning fast mobilization times, solid communication skills, and general organization) has allowed us to reign over VP.

Don't like it? Do something about other than whine about how its not fair and how you need a special rule set for yourselves.
The argument is that IF the VP rules were changed, THEN more mobs would be open for competition on the repop days. IF the rules stay the same, THEN it will be harder for other guilds to get repop mobs because TMO wouldn't have to go after VP mobs first. That's all that's being said. No one is crying. Good for you if you think spending hours on end training or getting trained is fun. Those of us who don't, won't go in, so TMO is free to leave VP up and go after other raid mobs. Since the majority of us don't want to waste hours on end training or getting trained (and that includes all of those who joined TMO to see VP without having to fight TMO for it), we probably don't need a lesson on how to win in VP with the current rules.

In the end it's about the health of the server. If folks can't see end game content, they're not going to hang around. So any new rules to promote server health should be considered, classic or not. Whether you like it or not, this is not a classic server and can never be. The circumstances on this server are far different than they were on classic. There's way more max level characters, everyone knows all the strategies for mobs and all the little tricks to playing each class. Saying the rules should be the same on here as on classic is like saying that today's laws should be the same as the laws of the old west. At any rate, the OP is a very big step in the right direction.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

oh my lord here we go with, health of the server again...its like 2008 all over again.

the people that are here are here...the only long term solution is velious , giving everyone the pixels for free is not the solution

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Closed Thread