Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Banned

This video is really good. I don't usually like Dawkins outside of his work in biology, but he is straight up in this debate. Furthermore, C. Pell has the most astute arguments and public conception of "god" that I have ever seen. If you like Dawkins, you've probably seen this, but here you go.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g4oMfY7q-Uo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g4oMfY7q-Uo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Aviak

everyones got an opinion

mine is that if you do not believe there is something more intelligent than us out in the universe you are close minded.. we are still very primitive, on the cusp of understanding how little we really know
Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Skeleton

i think you are all great!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also believe the world is only 6,000 years old and think evolution is a conspiracy theory against Jesus.
i think the OP is on to something
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Negative. Being a biggoting atheist is a bad thing. )
truf

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned

allah wagba
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Banned

looking @ post dates is hard
Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can believe in God without believing in Jesus, in fact the majority of people in the world do
the chick in ur avatar is making me believe in jesus
Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinlulz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This video is really good. I don't usually like Dawkins outside of his work in biology, but he is straight up in this debate. Furthermore, C. Pell has the most astute arguments and public conception of "god" that I have ever seen. If you like Dawkins, you've probably seen this, but here you go.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g4oMfY7q-Uo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g4oMfY7q-Uo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Great video. Dawkins needs some work on his interpersonal skills, though. I found it awkward when he kept asking why the audience was laughing. Also, while I understood what he meant when he said something to the effect that asking "why" (I believe he was thinking purpose) is "not a valid question" (I think he meant not scientifically relevant), I thought he could have stated this better. "Why" is obviously a pretty important question to most people.

I also found some of C. Pell's responses to be a bit insincere to appear more moderate (at least not representing the Catholic church's core values). He basically said atheists can get to heaven, we evolved from lower primates (thus allowing for an older earth and acceptance of evolutionary principles), and that much of the old testament isn't necessary litteral. He did, however, say that the wafer/wine at communion DOES transform to the blood and body of Christ, although he admits that physically there is no change. He was almost unintelligible when he described this as metaphysical and refused to say it was symbolic.

Anyway, thanks for the view.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Closed Thread