Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

So what happens in Velious the first time Guild A spends hours clearing growth and Guild B leapfrogs in to kill Tunare?

I don't think you can kite like people do fear currently.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Banned

at that point, its time to play on red, where you can literally destroy the opposing raid force, and corpse camp them until their corpses rot
Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Kobold

TMO wasnt always the top raiding guild. They couldn't always lock down raid targets. Before they could do those things there were other guilds that did it and all these same arguments were made.

All TMO did was slowly grow and get better and compete with those guilds. When they were good enough then other top guilds decided to merge with them.

That can happen again. If you are so unhappy with thee raiding scene then join FE and compete against them and maybe one day, through the same hard work TMO put in, y ou could over take them.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was a server dragon rotation once. Good times.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...hlight=sanluen
+1

I played on The Rathe on live, we had a rotation.. most servers had a rotation as OP described. p99 is nothing like live, it is cut-throat.

Agree'd rotation is the better way for all.. I can't see that happening with the players on this server though.

So we are left to FTE to claim mobs. Here's where the story is: GM's enabling FTE shout so mobs call FTE and we avoid all the drama. But apparently this is really really difficult to program its been taking months in the works and will still take some time to do. So until they figure out how to do that we're going to keep making a big deal about every mob engage...
Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you were raiding with them at the time, whenever I seen one of your characters online it was Coldblooded.

IB and VD raided together for quite awhile before IB got the first suspension that both should have shared. When IB came back VD joined them as if nothing happened and continued to raid with them. The next time ended up with IB and TMO suspended and VD should have been with us both in that suspension because it was they were spite suspensions. Neither TMO or IB should have been raid suspended. IB got one for a member ninjalooting and destroying an item and TMO got one because VD attempted to KS Inny from us and ended up getting trained by DD when he came to loot the corpse (so our items couldn't get stole/deleted). I showed Amelinda on the video that VD used to get us raid suspended where in VD's chat they acknowledged TMO pulled Inny and then right below you seen botnet(i believe) tell them to engage. This ended up with Amelinda basically saying TMO and IB were suspended because they should know better and VD is the baby

but whatever, turkey day gotta get out of bed.
Yeah way after my time. The raid suspensions i remember most where the DA cleric in lower guk using MQ somehow equalling a wild lengthy raid suspension for DA, the usual IB Bard hijinx mini-bans in Plane of Fear.. and of course D-Day when a disturbingly high percentage of the server pop logged in to being level 54.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't after your time. VD was guilty they were actively participating and expecting to benefit from IB's actions.

We have still yet to see a rotation that started pre-luclin.
Agree with this, too -- gentleman's agreements werent that uncommon, but not a lot of servers could field even 3 raiding guilds until at least well into Veilous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

I could code FTE shouts in under 30 minutes I bet you.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Kobold

A lot of poor attitudes on this thread.

To OP. When TMO found out that Innu was up, we did mobilize for it. When we found out Taken engaged, and in fact, killed it, the only thing I heard in vent were comments along the lines of "good for them" and "that's great." When we learned what the loot was, it was more like "that's awesome!"

I am not saying this would have been the same if FE got the kill, but in general, I think TMO members are very pleased when other guilds get to step up and enjoy the higher end content too.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

as long as they're not twats!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of poor attitudes on this thread.

To OP. When TMO found out that Innu was up, we did mobilize for it. When we found out Taken engaged, and in fact, killed it, the only thing I heard in vent were comments along the lines of "good for them" and "that's great." When we learned what the loot was, it was more like "that's awesome!"

I am not saying this would have been the same if FE got the kill, but in general, I think TMO members are very pleased when other guilds get to step up and enjoy the higher end content too.
yes, good job on Taken doing a Hate clear with Inny in window with 60+ hours to go, no other guild has ever had that strategy - they definitely are "stepping up"

but god forbid inny is short in window, then everyone will just sit on the spawn point just like any other highly coveted raid target
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could code FTE shouts in under 30 minutes I bet you.
Exactly, had a bit of sarcasm in my post.. but yes please do this already
Closed Thread