Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Orc

Question Raiding Question- TMO

Ok, so forgive me if this is common knowledge or has already been discussed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be aimed more at TMO since they are the main force.

My husband and I have only been on this server about 3 weeks and the people I have asked do not seem to know. I have not been ready to raid so I did not concern myself to much with finding this info out until now.

So, my guild Taken on my 1st planar raid with them killed Innoruk in Hate last night. He was an add and we downed him easily with 3 other adds.

Now here is my question, is there a raid rotation? I am sure my leaders know this answer but with T-day cooking, its easier to sit down and type this up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I spent 6 years in EQ as a co-leader of the #1 guild on Xev, Quiet Solitude http://www.qsguild.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4970, the guild is still there to this day on live and now on Xegony.
Our guild managed and oversaw the Raid Rotation and honor system. Guilds earned their way to kills and into the rotation by proving they could kill X mobs first unassisted and in a reasonable time. For example, if a guild killed Inny then then earned the right to the next slightly harder raid boss, kill that boss and earn the right to next X boss... etc (If that makes sense)

Our rotation had about 3 top guilds and several lesser guilds... When a mob popped, the next guild in rotation was given a a window of X hours after he popped to kill it. Our guild typically would pass on our turn for a lesser Raid boss unless someone needed something from that boss. Granted this was live so many more targets and we only went to places like hate for epic quest items.

We had 1 guild in the 6 years break conformity and started to steal raid mobs. Needless to say the other guilds converged and cock blocked, removing that guild from the rotation and into oblivion. (They were #2 on the server and wanted to take over. They would show up and kill the lesser guilds targets like Ninja's, so my guild intervened)

This is one of the reasons we chose to return to EQ, the player base is phenemonal.
So if there is no current Raid Rotation, I would implore TMO to step up to the plate and become the raiding officials and enforcers. It creates a well balance server and IMHO makes that top guild really shine.

For myself loot is a secondary concern. I think about my Tank, my leaders, my friends, who spend so much time with us and raiding X mob to death for us. I would love to see our MT Kenevil rewarded with his Epic, and others.

If you do already maintain a Raid Rotation, then disregard this post, and thank you for doing what you do <3
Last edited by Nneave; 11-21-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned

They beleive in "competition" where they steam roll and monopolize all the content on the server and if anyone gets in their way they seek to destroy that entity by any means possible including using dirty and underhanded tactics such as training, kill stealing, rules abuse, and other griefing. They will then set up moles in your guild, spy on your ventrillo, and post personal information about you in RNF forums. They have no intention of rotating anything. They prefer to instead sell raid loot to the people they deny raid mobs to for personal gain.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Kobold

Any nobody has yet stood up to them because...?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know what ^^ said because he and his foul attitude are on ignore.

There is no raid rotation on p99. Grats on your Inny kill! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nneave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so forgive me if this is common knowledge or has already been discussed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My husband and I have only been on this server about 3 weeks and the people I have asked do not seem to know. I have not been ready to raid so I did not concern myself to much with finding this info out until now.

So, my guild Taken on my 1st planar raid with them killed Innoruk in Hate last night. He was an add and we downed him easily with 3 other adds.

Now here is my question, is there a raid rotation? I am sure my leaders know this answer but with T-day cooking, its easier to sit down and type this up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I spent 6 years in EQ as a co-leader of the #1 guild on Xev, Quiet Solitude http://www.qsguild.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4970, the guild is still there to this day on live and now on Xegony.
Our guild managed and oversaw the Raid Rotation and honor system. Guilds earned their way to kills and into the rotation by proving they could kill X mobs first unassisted and in a reasonable time. For example, if a guild killed Inny then then earned the right to the next slightly harder raid boss, kill that boss and earn the right to next X boss... etc (If that makes sense)

Our rotation had about 3 top guilds and several lesser guilds... When a mob popped, the next guild in rotation was given a a window of X hours after he popped to kill it. Our guild typically would pass on our turn for a lesser Raid boss unless someone needed something from that boss. Granted this was live so many more targets and we only went to places like hate for epic quest items.

We had 1 guild in the 6 years break conformity and started to steal raid mobs. Needless to say the other guilds converged and cock blocked, removing that guild from the rotation and into oblivion. (They were #2 on the server and wanted to take over)

This is one of the reasons we chose to return to EQ, the player base is phenemonal.
So if there is no current Raid Rotation, I would implore TMO to step up to the plate and become the raiding officials and enforcers. It creates a well balance server and IMHO makes that top guild really shine.

For myself loot is a secondary concern. I think about my Tank, my leaders, my friends, who spend so much time with us and raiding X mob to death for us. I would love to see our MT Kenevil rewarded with his Epic, and others.

If you do already maintain a Raid Rotation, then disregard this post, and thank you for doing what you do <3
Love the idea, I hope it works out.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what ^^ said because he and his foul attitude are on ignore.

There is no raid rotation on p99. Grats on your Inny kill! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. It's first come, first serve. Whoever has a raid force present when a mob pops and gets first aggro, by GM law, has priority for the kill. TMO typically has 36 toons always waiting at said spawnpoints though. They've only been suspended from raiding once, when they stole a boss kill from BDA, and BDA told the admins about it; TMO was given a 3-week suspension as a result.

But why do people let TMO bully the server and get away with it? Why hasn't anyone stood up to them and said "No, we want a shot at this content too."?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nneave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You spelled Harmonium wrong. :P Also, there was no raid rotation for Kunark/Velious as far as I can recall except that whoever killed Sonty had NToV to themselves for that week.

Your system would be hard to keep up I think with the variance thats on this server, coupled with the lack of random repops. If that changed, it might be a possibility, but I don't know if you could expect all parties to comply. I think 99% of the raiders enjoy competition--maybe not all of the types of competition that exist currently--but they wouldn't want to sink into a rotation probably.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Last edited by bizzum; 11-21-2012 at 02:04 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

TMO is the King Turd on here hands down. Good luck getting a Rotation. But that is what you have to do to stay being the King Turd. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

We had 1 guild in the 6 years break conformity and started to steal raid mobs. Needless to say the other guilds converged and cock blocked, removing that guild from the rotation and into oblivion. (They were #2 on the server and wanted to take over. They would show up and kill the lesser guilds targets like Ninja's, so my guild intervened)

Competitive EQ Raiding is a classic experience. Grats on your inny kill!

Disregard Metallikus he is only capable of posting hateful tripe.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

There was a server dragon rotation once. Good times.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...hlight=sanluen
Closed Thread