Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 10:24 AM
Kobold

he literally said those things in the discord chat
Old 03-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not "could"

Must.

They must port out with the rest of their force (not guild)
The rules don't state that players can head on down to the LNS Zone to port out. I can understand why perhaps you might interpret it that way. Please bear in mind that in the past, the Staff have enforced this rule as meaning that every person needs to die.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Kobold

stop deleting my posts its gonna make me sad

retti it's true
Old 03-31-2017, 10:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rules don't state that players can head on down to the LNS Zone to port out. I can understand why perhaps you might interpret it that way. Please bear in mind that in the past, the Staff have enforced this rule as meaning that every person needs to die.
Quote:
LnS may be called by the force at any time,
Old 03-31-2017, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

What does the clause of "LnS may be called by the force at any time" have to do with whether or not people who weren't part of the force can come on down to the party to port out with their guild? Please note the rule was never interpreted that way by staff in the past. If we want to change it or clarify it, that's fine, but let's sticky it that way then.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does the clause of "LnS may be called by the force at any time" have to do with whether or not people who weren't part of the force can come on down to the party to port out with their guild? Please note the rule was never interpreted that way by staff in the past. If we want to change it or clarify it, that's fine, but let's sticky it that way then.
If you are fighting 30v30 and one guy from each team dies, either side can call LNS and the fight stops.

What is confusing?
Old 03-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are fighting 30v30 and one guy from each team dies, either side can call LNS and the fight stops.

What is confusing?
I think you're having a reading comprehension problem. The rule has never been interpreted that way prior. I was part of multiple LnS fights where we were told directly by the staff that every person needs to die at least once before being able to loot and scoot. Also, that rule doesn't directly clarify whether or not someone who is part of the guilds involved, but was not part of the 30v30, can take advantage of the LnS to be able to hook up with their guild for mobilization to port out. The point of LnS is the "S", Scoot. It shouldn't be used as a way to help mobilize people who don't need to scoot.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:39 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this true? Sad if so, but also explains some of the observations from the last week which are prompting this thread...
100% untrue, which is why Doctor Jeff is on vacation atm

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 03-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Kobold

It's true, but I know that you regret saying those things and did not mean what you said.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

My personal opinion is that people are being a bit rough on Cylock. Up until this week he had a chill job on Red, hanging out with Apex and people handing out cookies and probably only needing to deal with small issues like OOC abuse and the occasional berg out. Now suddenly there is mass pvp with all the problems it presents and he is forced to make rulings on the spot. I sympathize with him and feel confident that he cares deeply about making Red99 an attractive place to play. What would help greatly for all parties involved, both staff and players, are clear stickied rules that will help alleviate many of the "off the cuff rulings" that we have dealt with in the past. That way we can help plan our PvP tactics accordingly, without fear of possibly being suspended.

Thanks!