Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Smile

I stopped reading around page 11 because a very evident pattern made itself clear. If I may offer a small piece of criticism, DeathsSilkyMist... I think most people are actually frustrated by your posting style and attitude, rather than your information. To be blunt, you are relentless and egotistical. You respond to every single objection and in so many cases where you could simply accept the exchange for what it was, instead you double down, reiterate your point and you just won't let it go. I truly do not believe that anyone is arguing with your evidence or even your opinion at this point... they are arguing with you because of your ceaseless, holier-than-thou need to substantiate your findings and when coupled with your faux presentation of decorum, it really gets right in a person's craw. Mine included. I will tell you that I do not disagree with anything you have stated in terms of the actual debate and I find your arguments at least cogent and worthy of consideration... and yet I still find myself feeling compelled to argue with you after every post I read.

I mean absolutely no disrespect and I value very highly your contributions to this topic, but man... you really gotta learn when to let sleeping dogs lie. I also mean no injury or insult, even though it may seem otherwise. I mean this as sincere criticism. Please take a moment to reflect and be conscious of yourself. Read through your own posts and ask yourself, "Was that really necessary? Did that serve the truth or did it serve my own sense of right?" Count the number of times you say "My point" in this thread alone. That should set off some alarm bells.

Even if you are factually correct in the absolutely most technical sense, people have pointed out numerous mitigating factors that transcend it all, especially because the disparity is so trivial as to be barely worth mentioning. This is the part where you respond with "My point is that in a min/max..." just stop man. It doesn't matter. You presented your information, you argued your detractors, and you have added to the substance of the game and our knowledge. Now let the people absorb your information, let them offer their counters, and let the information do its job. You don't have to protect it. It is not YOU! YOU are not it!

My 2cp, for whatever that is worth to you. I won't weigh in on the argument itself because everyone has missed the only real argument and that is the Barbarian Female has the only set of tits worth looking at! End of debate!
Old 01-05-2021, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Yikes. /thread
Old 01-05-2021, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped reading around page 11 because a very evident pattern made itself clear. If I may offer a small piece of criticism, DeathsSilkyMist... I think most people are actually frustrated by your posting style and attitude, rather than your information. To be blunt, you are relentless and egotistical. You respond to every single objection and in so many cases where you could simply accept the exchange for what it was, instead you double down, reiterate your point and you just won't let it go. I truly do not believe that anyone is arguing with your evidence or even your opinion at this point... they are arguing with you because of your ceaseless, holier-than-thou need to substantiate your findings and when coupled with your faux presentation of decorum, it really gets right in a person's craw. Mine included. I will tell you that I do not disagree with anything you have stated in terms of the actual debate and I find your arguments at least cogent and worthy of consideration... and yet I still find myself feeling compelled to argue with you after every post I read.

I mean absolutely no disrespect and I value very highly your contributions to this topic, but man... you really gotta learn when to let sleeping dogs lie. I also mean no injury or insult, even though it may seem otherwise. I mean this as sincere criticism. Please take a moment to reflect and be conscious of yourself. Read through your own posts and ask yourself, "Was that really necessary? Did that serve the truth or did it serve my own sense of right?" Count the number of times you say "My point" in this thread alone. That should set off some alarm bells.

Even if you are factually correct in the absolutely most technical sense, people have pointed out numerous mitigating factors that transcend it all, especially because the disparity is so trivial as to be barely worth mentioning. This is the part where you respond with "My point is that in a min/max..." just stop man. It doesn't matter. You presented your information, you argued your detractors, and you have added to the substance of the game and our knowledge. Now let the people absorb your information, let them offer their counters, and let the information do its job. You don't have to protect it. It is not YOU! YOU are not it!

My 2cp, for whatever that is worth to you. I won't weigh in on the argument itself because everyone has missed the only real argument and that is the Barbarian Female has the only set of tits worth looking at! End of debate!
Thank you for the two cents, I appreciate your concern[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] However, your long post fails to mention how people keep posting innacurate information. If I just let that go, someone reading may assume it is correct. I would rather be off-putting and helpful, instead of letting people spout nonsense, even if it makes me look bad. People read my guide to learn, not to mull over the finer points of my personality. I am flattered you care though!
Old 01-05-2021, 09:42 PM
Aviak

Dude it’s a great guide. These other hacks are just embarrassed they wasted their time on some bullshit race.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Dude tries to give him advice, comes back with disputing evidence lol. Saw that coming a mile away.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude tries to give him advice, comes back with disputing evidence lol. Saw that coming a mile away.
Better than coming back with nonsense[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2021, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a whole lot of words for:

ogre for end game solo

barb/iksar for fashion

troll for everything else
Old 01-06-2021, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*snip* I appreciate your concern[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] However, your long post fails to mention how people keep posting innacurate information. If I just let that go, someone reading may assume it is correct. *snip*
The irony is palpable.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:40 PM
Aviak

The dude put some work in giving different scenarios and which race prospers the most in each. I would expect him to defend it when most replies have been about fashion or other troll like behavior. Balar’s postings seem personal. Even his response in the other post about how FSI doesn’t stop interrupts only stuns. Well when you’re stunned, you get interrupted so that input is mute.

Dude contributed to some useful information and supplied why/how. What’s your beef man? And with reading your post, I’ll say nice vocabulary. Given how you wrote it, that seems to be the main thing you were trying to have the readers get out of it.
Last edited by Plumpys; 01-06-2021 at 01:59 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumpys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dude put some work in giving different scenarios and which class prospers the most in each. I would expect him to defend it when most replies have been about fashion or other troll like behavior. Balar’s postings seem personal. Even his response in the other post about how FSI doesn’t stop interrupts only stuns. Well when you’re stunned, you get interrupted so that input is mute.

Dude contributed to some useful information and supplied why/how. What’s your beef man? And with reading your post, I’ll say nice vocabulary. Given how you wrote it, that seems to be the main thing you were trying to have the readers get out of it.
Be fair at least. I have absolutely no beef with him as a person or his information. I was trying to help him understand the animosity. I did not dispute his information and I completely agree that he has contributed a significant work to the community. I made it a point to say as much. I was trying to help him understand that the resistance he is experiencing has nothing to do with the issue of Shaman race selection even if all the words on the page say otherwise. It is very much his dogmatic defense of his position and the false sincerity he exudes in his responses. I can see someone wanting to defend their work but at some point, after all the arguments have been made, restated, reiterated and then said again in a different way... you just have to let it go.

I can't speak to the issue with Baler, and I agree that it seems that at some point their disagreement became personal for both of them, even if DeathsSilkyMist won't admit it on his part. At least Baler's sincerity cannot be questioned because he doesn't equivocate.

As for my vocabulary... I mean, that is just how I think, speak and type. I make no apologies for my elocution. I think your need to bring it up says more about you than my choice of verbiage says about me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, at the risk of running afoul of my own advice, I bid this thread and its participants good day.
Closed Thread