Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Kobold

Default Can a 30 mage solo the gator pit in CT?

Thought I would ask here first and maybe save myself from a bad CR. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Not many people do gators in ct but from what I remember they'd not social so if they're appropriate con you should be able to get em np.

Also, cr not gonna be that bad. Nut up and do it, make sure to let us know if you could do it.

Be safe.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

They are social, at least they were on red when I leveled down there a month or two ago. I only did the gators that were on land, but there is a pather that you can get solo, then I think 3 double pulls, then another pather that you can get solo. If you aren't careful you end up with 3 when you try to pull either of the pathers though.

I never tried pulling them up out of the water, but you might be able to get more singles that way.

And yeah, CR would be easy cause you can just invis all the way down there.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Kobold

OK thanks for the info guys. I will give it a shot later. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

They are indeed social, I never pulled from the entrance pool because I would get like six. Even pulling the one right outside the pool can result in a train. That being said I don't recall when I solo'd them for the focus items, I wanna say I was a little higher than 28 because I went there right before killing hill giants and right after killing forest giants.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

they are social . you can also pull the ones out of the water using your pet. mostly only 2 will come . use fire pet and you will get nice xp there . stayed for more than 6 levels .
Old 05-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Kobold

Well I jumped down there and saw a lot of red and yellow cons. Going to go back at 34. Where do you guys suggested to set up shop?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Odd. When I was there with my enchanter from 30-37 on red just a couple months ago, the gators were like 30/31 max. I wouldn't have been able to kill level 33+ mobs at 30, and I wouldn't have left at 37 if there were a lot of 31-33+ mobs down there.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Kobold

The gators were mostly white and yellow with some blue. The lizards in the sewers and the hall way were yellow and red. I'm sure I could handle the gators if I got them solo but any adds and I'd be dead. So you just killed them in the hall way at the top of the ladder? I'm trying to figure out where I could safely make a pet down there and med.

UPDATE:

Ok I went to the wrong spot I think. I was just looking at the maps and realized I dropped down into the ponds by AoF. No wonder everything was red and yellow. I will check it out again tonight. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Invoke; 05-21-2014 at 04:19 PM..
Closed Thread