Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:56 AM
Orc

Default Spawn Timer

I'm working on a log parsing application for myself, and I thought I'd share it with the community. It's still evolving, but it's getting there.

This is what it looks like:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It knows what zone you're in, and adds the timers you see on the left when an experience gain is logged.

I don't know all of the spawn times yet, but I'm recording them as I can. To record a zone that I don't yet support, click on the clock image in the bottom right. Doing so will bring up this window:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Click the "Record Spawn Time" button when something dies, click the "Stop Spawn Timer" button as soon as it respawns. Then click "Save Spawn Time" and it'll write the new value to the "SpawnTimes.INI" file. If you record one that I don't have yet, open that INI file and send me a PM with the relevant line, and I'll add it to my distribution. You can edit that number value before hitting save, so if you come up with something like "402", change it to "400". I've not found a number yet that wasn't a nice round number, so "402" isn't likely to be correct. Spawn timers will not be added in a zone for which the time is not recorded.

Some other notes about the main screen:
- Click on the folder icon (under the clock) to choose your log file. Nothing works without that being set. I would recommend editing your eqclient.ini file and turning on logging there rather than typing /log every time you start EQ.

You can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkqwifqxee...Timer.zip?dl=0

NOTE If you don't want your INI files overwritten, download the executable only.

I'm not updating it much these days because frankly it does everything I want it to.

-Takamin.

Change Log:

VERSION 0.1.2.9
- Shaman spell durations are now correct through level 12.
- Added the option to only show bufftimers when they have less than 1 minute remaining.
- Group experience messages will now trigger spawn timers.
- Log window will now auto scroll to the bottom as items are added.
- Only buff timers for YOUR character will pause during zoning now.

VERSION 0.1.2.8
- When adding a bufftimer, first look for an existing elapsed buff timer with the same char/spell.
- Added a "max spawn timer count" setting in the options screen.
- Hitting the + button will add a spawn timer regardless of the current options.
- Timer panels have been reduced in size dramatically.
- Spawn timers will now appear before any buff timers in the list.
- Buff timers will now be ordered by character name and then spell name.
- Buff timers will now pause when zoning.
- Added North Ro spawn time.
- Shaman spells through level 10 are supported.
- "Your xxx spell has worn off" messages will now be added to the log window. If the WornOff.Wav file exists, it will be played. This option can be disabled in the options screen.
- Spell resists will now be added to the log window. If the Resist.wav file exists in the media\wav folder, it will be played. This option can be disabled in the options screen.
- When you are blind, all messages will be logged. This option can be disabled on the options screen.

VERSION 0.1.2.7
- Added the ability to add and manage alerts for anything in the log. You can use it to watch auction for "a broom" or chime when someone asks for a "cc". This list does not reflect alerts from the equipment list. Click on the options button to set these alerts.
- Added buff timers for magicians. Either necromancer or enchanter will be next- a necromancer made the feature request, but I'm also sort of excited to add Mezz timers for the enchanter.
- Character level will now be stored. This was made necessary by buff timer duration calculations.

VERSION 0.1.2.6
- Research matches will no longer add the auction source line twice.
- "You say to your guild.." items will now go to the log if Guild Chat logging option is enabled.
- "You say out of character.." items will now go to the log if OOC logging is enabled.
- "You shout.." items will now go to the log if Shout logging is enabled.
- "You tell your party.." items will now go to the log if Group Chat logging is enabled.
- Fixed the tool-tip for the options button.
- Removed the size toggle feature (clicking on the status bar).
- All forms will now remember their size and position.

VERSION 0.1.2.5
- Play "Media\Invis.wav" when invis begins to fall.
- Reversed: No longer fires auction alerts if the line contains "wtb" or "buying". Auction matches for things you're selling are useful.
- When a research match pops in auction, ooc or shout, the source line will be added to the log as well as the research match.
- "you auction" will no longer trigger alerts.
- Options will now be stored to ini file and reloaded at startup.
- Options are now configured by clicking the gear image.
- Main window will no longer be resized when adding or removing a spawn timer. It wasn't working properly and it annoyed me, I may add it back as an optional setting after it's working right.
- Corrected the spawn time in Befallen.
- Added separate options for logging OOC and OOC in East Commons.
- Added separate options for logging Shouts and Shouts in East Commons.
- Added separate options for logging Auctions and Auctions in East Commons.

VERSION 0.1.2.4

- Attempt to resolve mob name after every kill; previously it only mattered for the kill that created the timer.
- No longer fires auction alerts if the line contains "wtb" or "buying".
- Added optional group and guild chat logging.
- Checkboxes on the main form are now hidden when the form width is less than what can be properly drawn. Size the window up a bit to change options.

VERSION 0.1.2.3

- Skip "tell" alerts for "you have learned the basics of"
- Redesigned the spawn timer panel, now includes a restart button and mob name. Mob name detection is not perfect yet.
- Added a splitter to the main form so that the spawn timer panel can be enlarged. Resizing the panel to fit longer mob names now causes problems with image buttons overlapping checkboxes; I'll address that as soon as I decide how.

VERSION 0.1.2.2

- Added [brackets] around common magician research components to stop alerts for things like "dagger".
- Auction entries will now only be added once. If someone repeats the exact same auction, it will not be added to the log window a 2nd time.

VERSION 0.1.2.1

- Skip research alerts for "you will have to achieve"
- I noticed when my pet kills something, but I'm too far away, I don't get a "soandso has been slain" message. This pretty much shatters any hopes I had for making the spawn timer management flawlessly automatic. I will likely add some configuration options for what triggers a spawn timer restart, but for now I added the following two features:
- Clicking on the left label of a spawn timer panel will now restart that timer.
- Added a + button on the main form to manually add and start a new spawn timer.
Last edited by Thatt; 01-03-2015 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 09-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Surprised nobody responded yet, I'm gonna download this and give it a shot. Thanks for the effort you put into making it.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Banned

awesome!! I will give it a try and send u bugs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Cool idea
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 09-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Hax

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Banned

also when a programmer writes change lists like this, he is a pro. This thing is gonna be bad ass.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

This is incredible. As a necro, I am constantly juggling two spawn timers, so this is a great program for me.

Thank you

edit - Just an idea:

Currently I am logging xp gained per hour played, so I could compare different camps (ie - this camp now sucks because I leveled even though the mob is dark blue, so I need to go to another location)

Any way we could log XP per kill? Maybe if the user inputs how much XP% per kill (possible only with new UI mods that allows XP to be shown as %), it could calculate how long it would take to reach a level at that camp spot based on how long it takes you on average to kill and spawn the mob?

ex - 1% per kill, 6 minute spawn time = (for easy math) 600 minutes needed to level / 60 minutes/hour = 10 hours to level at this location

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Last edited by toolshed; 09-30-2014 at 08:00 PM..
Old 10-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Orc

Not a bad idea toolshed, I'll add that for you when I get some time.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Could you add a pet buff timer to this as well that triggers off your pet name? Perhaps you type in the name of your pet and it parses the 'Soandso eyes gleam with madness' or w/e message it is?

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 10-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you add a pet buff timer to this as well that triggers off your pet name? Perhaps you type in the name of your pet and it parses the 'Soandso eyes gleam with madness' or w/e message it is?
That's what I'm working on now, should be in by the end of the weekend.
Last edited by Thatt; 10-04-2014 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: edit.
Closed Thread