Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 01:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

Default Just a reminder for new and old players regarding Real Money Transactions (RMT)

I've seen an influx of new players on Project 1999 in the recent days, and I just wanted to take a minute to address them, as well as our veteran players.

Do not spend RL money for things on Project 1999. Trading Project 1999 items, currency, accounts, etc. for anything not within Project 1999 is considered Real Money Trading (henceforth referred to as RMT).

We take this rule very seriously, and I constantly see players post in the petition forum explaining that they didn’t know it was against the rules, that they are very sorry, and that they won’t do it again. And while it truly saddens us when we have to ban accounts, we have these rules publicly posted for everyone to read. We strongly believe that part of the reason people play here is because they can do so for free, and know that no one else can pay for an advantage, or buy their way ahead, and that if a person does engage in these activities they will be banned. But furthermore, those accounts banned for RMT will never be unbanned on the Project 1999 server.

Because of how serious we take this, and because of the malicious methods enacted by these RMT sellers, we take a "better safe than sorry" approach. This means that if you engage in RMT activities, you are not only risking your own account, you are risking every account you ever logged in to. That means all your friends and guildies that trusted you with their login info, will also lose all their time, items, characters, and accounts as well. We take this very seriously here at Project 1999, and we ask that you do as well.

As a side note, I understand that some people simply have more money than time, and they see no problem with buying things since they don’t have the time. This opinion is fine, as long as you don’t do it on Project 1999. There are hundreds of other games out there that allow RMT, pay to win, or have cash shops. However we at Project 1999 do not want that on our server, and we kindly ask for you to respect that.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 05-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

<3
Old 05-03-2015, 01:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah. a level 1 selling a rogue epic MQ asked if I wanted to Skype with him about the transaction instead of talking in game. Never replied back to him.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Large Rat

Seems reasonable to me, RMT has always caused problems and attracted scammers in other games I've played. Besides, what's the fun of buying your way to success?
Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And remember: Even if you DID NOT RMT the GMs can just say you did and ban your accounts in the mass banwave anyways!!!!
In other words, if someone says "hey can you help me transfer 100k and this fungi?" in the tunnel... don't do it, you're probably helping someone trying not to get caught.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

I hope Sirken forum and then in-game bans those of you trolling this thread.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I made this and you just changed your avatar... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other words, if someone says "hey can you help me transfer 100k and this fungi?" in the tunnel... don't do it, you're probably helping someone trying not to get caught.
Yea I wouldn't accept ANY donations in the form pure platinum pieces. These RMTERS had a thread on their site bragging that they handed out like 100kpp in 500pp increments after the last banwave
Old 05-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And while it truly saddens us when we have to ban accounts... .
I chuckled at this. But seriously no RMT!
Old 05-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I wouldn't accept ANY donations in the form pure platinum pieces. These RMTERS had a thread on their site bragging that they handed out like 100kpp in 500pp increments after the last banwave
It's pretty hilarious that people actually think they're going to get caught up in a banwave for accepting 500pp in dirty money.

The bottom line is if you get caught up in an RMT banwave, you did something with an RMTer. That doesn't mean you're guilty; it just means you did something with an RMTer. If you're innocent, it will be extremely easy to prove your innocence.

If you're innocent and you bitch and complain and piss and moan about it in the petition forum, I hope you get bumped way down to the bottom of the list and you don't get your account back for a very long time.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 05-03-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Closed Thread