View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If /list is the hangup, reopen Teal but take away /list. Problem solved.
Sounds like a good solution. Sol Ro came out before PoHate. If they follow the original order, PoHate doesn't drop in April - Sol Ro would instead.

If they follow their declared patch system, it's this Friday April 3.

How about we reopen Teal with Sol Ro Fri April 3?
Old 03-29-2020, 11:55 AM
Aviak

I don't know where you're getting Friday April 3rd from. If you're referring to the wiki, that's not entirely correct the last time I checked it.

It says May in the official post which was edited on Feb. 9th:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743

So Hate drops on May 1st.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The population volume isn't the problem, the problem is the server is filled with 20 year EQ vets.
The problem is the 20 year old EQ vets couldn't move on to new things because the industry took a shit on the genre (correction: Computers). I blame Blizzard (and Microsoft) but then again an MMORPG like we know it won't work on a console and the expectations are to make new games that appeal to the same audience as wow.

I didn't think I would still be messing around with this game 20 years later, would have laughed at you. The future is near and it is full of promise. I mean, we have EQ in 1999 think about what we will have in 2009 or 2019 (HAHA)

[Enter Xbox]

The mere idea of plugging in a KB&M, the zones being meh to work on them and the overall gameplay consisting or quest markers and Awesome Button mashing controllers..you would require the Common Core education to find them entertaining.

[Enter Cellphones & Tablets]

Who am I joking, it would be mobile. Raid: Shadow Legends. Free to play, skin store for that sweet John Wick skin in your high fantasy MMORPG, coin buying and gift cards for your epic weapon.
..posting the Fry "Take my money" meme on message boards.

Any dissenters would be astro-turfed by the parent companies online digital mercenary group posting nonsense "I love this game because X" or Ok Boomer. Reddit taught me that and whats more the users there know it and have commented about it.

Modern gaming is for jerks. So here we are fighting over 20 damn year old skeleton spawns, so STFU and be happy that at least this exists. Your sorry asses could be outside or playing a fucking MOBA..or any one of the same cookie cutter games on its 8th iteration and running on one of three game engines because that is all this industry can shit out despite being the most profitable and popular it has ever been.
Last edited by Mblake81; 03-29-2020 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: open up a can, motherfuckers
Old 03-29-2020, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... So here we are fighting over 20 damn year old skeleton spawns, so STFU and be happy that at least this exists. Your sorry asses could be outside or playing a fucking MOBA..or any one of the same cookie cutter games on its 8th iteration and running on one of three game engines because that is all this industry can shit out despite being the most profitable and popular it has ever been.
preach on brother! (inkies are still easy mode tho)
Old 03-29-2020, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is the 20 year old EQ vets couldn't move on to new things because the industry took a shit on the genre (correction: Computers). I blame Blizzard (and Microsoft) but then again an MMORPG like we know it won't work on a console and the expectations are to make new games that appeal to the same audience as wow.

I didn't think I would still be messing around with this game 20 years later, would have laughed at you. The future is near and it is full of promise. I mean, we have EQ in 1999 think about what we will have in 2009 or 2019 (HAHA).
That about sums it up for me. The computer gaming market today seems to cater to people who like very different things than I like. I don't decide between P1999 and some modern game so much as P1999 versus other non-computer activities or the couple other 1990's era games I still tinker around with once in awhile.

Danth
Old 03-31-2020, 04:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take away all ZEM, spread em even more!
This is a great idea. I wish ZEM/exp bonuses were only for the sub-20/sub-25 zones. This would absolutely make people spread out.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great idea. I wish ZEM/exp bonuses were only for the sub-20/sub-25 zones. This would absolutely make people spread out.
if it has steady PUGs
Old 03-31-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like you just want full instancing so no one can dare interfere with your precious pixels.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickyfingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wahhhhhh the zone is too hard. HEALZ THROUGH THE WALLS OMG. NO LOOT OMG. Complaints, all I hear is complaints.

I get that you want Teal open, so you can macro more Manastone camps without having to make sure your script has to run for 7 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL;DR OP wants an extra server to farm Manastones
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildoer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you're mad that you can't get your 8th welfare manastone. Haha.

Looks like that bedpan you installed in your PC chair will have to wait until Kunark now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy just wants to double camp manastones even more

teal worst idea ever

not happening anyways

nice try
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you just want full instancing so no one can dare interfere with your precious pixels.
The vote should be "Is Mannastone the #1 biggest douche in the decade plus history of P99"

It'd be interesting to count the number of those "yes" votes

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 03-31-2020 at 04:12 PM..
Old 04-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like Tuljin is getting off track here into his fantasy "Hate on Mannastone" thread idea. Feel free to go start your own thread in RnF if it makes ya happy.

Back on topic. Almost at 200 people agree, open Teal. Our numbers grow.
Closed Thread