Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-20-2022, 09:21 AM
Banned

There's like several thousand really pissed off dudes? Why don't they smuggle themselves up into Moscow in plain clothes? I'm sure they could find a torch and cut open a bunker.

I always did that in space games when I couldn't hold a chokepoint.

Humans can go like 60 days on almost no food. Plenty of time to walk. And once you're in a fasted state your body will give you energy to hunt and fighting to the death will be easier.

Putins an idiot because leveling cities and killing children is exactly how you get these kinds of berserk units.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2022, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

this is brutal god damn

Old 03-21-2022, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is brutal god damn
Wow nice clickbait title. People be monetizing by stringing unrelated clips and stills together. That video had no retreat, no commander, and also no 'regiment'. Russia uses Brigade Tactical Groups to operate in the Ukraine, not regiments. Russia hasn't used regiments for 15 years.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

liveuamap.com is sure showing alot of pink.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:31 AM
Banned

Target rich environment.

Putin is going for the win at any cost method.

Has anyone successfully genocided an insurgency in the last 200 years?
Old 03-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Target rich environment.

Putin is going for the win at any cost method.

Has anyone successfully genocided an insurgency in the last 200 years?
yeah i guess depending on ones perspective, fleeing women and children can be considered a target rich environment

Putin isn't going for the "win at any cost" method.

he's going for the, "Holy shit everyone lied to me and our military fucking sucks, so how the fuck do we win this?" method.

yeah many insurgencies have been quelled, even in recent years. ex: Palestinian sand people put rocket launchers on civilian property, so then Israel levels the entire city block.

thats the only way to win a against an insurgency. You have to kill everything that moves.

Sơn Mỹ village didn't make a peep after March 16th, 1968
Old 03-21-2022, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i guess depending on ones perspective, fleeing women and children can be considered a target rich environment

Putin isn't going for the "win at any cost" method.

he's going for the, "Holy shit everyone lied to me and our military fucking sucks, so how the fuck do we win this?" method.

yeah many insurgencies have been quelled, even in recent years. ex: Palestinian sand people put rocket launchers on civilian property, so then Israel levels the entire city block.

thats the only way to win a against an insurgency. You have to kill everything that moves.

Sơn Mỹ village didn't make a peep after March 16th, 1968
Ya. Probably. Mostly.

That is why I asked. Really. I wanted counterpoint. You delivered.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya. Probably. Mostly.

That is why I asked. Really. I wanted counterpoint. You delivered.
Putin is trying to force favorable terms by killing as many civilians and infrastructure as possible. He's perfectly aware of the scope of his failure. He wants to declare victory and get out, but he can't do that unless the Ukrainians bow down to several demands.

The Ukrainians feel they are going to win militarily. Notice the Russians gave safe passage to Mariupol today. They were told they could disarm and leave along with the civilians and the Ukrainian military there was like no thanks we're going to fight to the death.

There is a lot of pink on that map. It's a lot less pink than anyone expected and it doesn't cover any major city. It still doesn't cover Mariupol, a city right next to the best and most battle hardened invading units. Trading space for time, and most importantly trading space for casualties is a time-honored military tactic. Ukraine has a lot of space.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow nice clickbait title. People be monetizing by stringing unrelated clips and stills together. That video had no retreat, no commander, and also no 'regiment'. Russia uses Brigade Tactical Groups to operate in the Ukraine, not regiments. Russia hasn't used regiments for 15 years.
it says 2k russian troops reported killed yesterday and you say its unrelated stills.

The video image are just background noise because this is youtube not podtube.

All I was posting is that it the video reports that YESTERDAY 2k russians were killed. which is fucking BRUTAL ,you idiot. Thats the title. The title you say is clickbait is the ENTIRE point of the video. The images you are crying about are just like music video montages for the background, to keep retards distracted while they listen to the report. You're so retarted it completely stole all your attention.
Last edited by Jibartik; 03-21-2022 at 11:17 AM..