Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2022, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
March 27, 2016 -- Trump sends one of his earliest campaign-season tweets about NATO:

My statement on NATO being obsolete and disproportionately too expensive (and unfair) for the U.S. are now, finally, receiving plaudits!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 27, 2016

April 2, 2016 -- Trump doubles down on NATO criticism at a Racine, WI campaign rally, but admits he’s only a recent study on the NATO topic:

“I said here’s the problem with NATO: it’s obsolete. Big statement to make when you don’t know that much about it, but I learn quickly.”

April 8, 2016 -- “Looks like I was right about NATO,” Trump tweets, linking to a Foreign Policy article about other Republican senators arguing over NATO allies’ laggardly defense spending:

Looks like I was right about NATO. I had no doubt.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 8, 2016

June 6, 2016 -- Trump repeats his charge that the military alliance is obsolete, and points out that they are appointing a new intelligence chief, insinuating that his criticism prompted the move:

See, when I said NATO was obsolete because of no terrorism protection, they made the change without giving me credit.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 6, 2016

July 17, 2016 -- Trump and running mate Mike Pence are interviewed by CBS News’ Lesley Stahl on 60 Minutes; she asked Trump to explain how he would tackle the fight against ISIS as president. NATO was invoked:

“We’re going to have surrounding states and, very importantly, get NATO involved because we support NATO far more than we should, frankly, because you have a lot of countries that aren’t doing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

July 20, 2016 -- Trump is, again, interviewed by the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman and David Sanger at the Republican National Convention:

“If we cannot be properly reimbursed for the tremendous cost of our military protecting other countries, and in many cases the countries I’m talking about are extremely rich...we have many NATO members that aren’t paying their bills.”

July 20, 2016 -- Trump softens his rhetoric, somewhat, on NATO; in a tweet, he does not refer to the military alliance “obsolete,” instead calling for fellow members to “pay their bills”:

Wow, NATO's top commander just announced that he agrees with me that alliance members must PAY THEIR BILLS. This is a general I will like!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2016

January 15, 2017 -- in a joint interview, post-election, pre-inauguration, with the Times of London and Germany’s Bild, Trump reflects on his “obsolete” comment, but insists he was both correct and vindicated:

“I took such heat, when I said NATO was obsolete. It’s obsolete because it wasn’t taking care of terror. I took a lot of heat for two days. And then they started saying Trump is right.”
Yea

NATO wasn't paying their fair share

thanks for proving my point
Old 04-12-2022, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea

NATO wasn't paying their fair share

thanks for proving my point
Not sure how obsolete I'd call it now that Trump's buddy is bombing cities just a handful of miles from the Polish border.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how obsolete I'd call it now that Trump's buddy is bombing cities just a handful of miles from the Polish border.
Ukraine a part of NATO?

What point are you trying to make, Groomer
Old 04-12-2022, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Why are people calling each other groomer these days?
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-12-2022, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ukraine a part of NATO?

What point are you trying to make, Groomer
Trump looks foolish for saying NATO is obsolete only five years from Russian bombs landing just a few miles from Poland, QAnon retard.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Defending Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson says teachers who talk to kids about gender identity should “get beaten up.”
Last edited by Horza; 04-12-2022 at 05:24 PM..
Old 04-12-2022, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the latest desperate attempt at a culture war, some idiots on Youtube told him to do it and he calls absolutely everyone that isn't a right wing moron a Groomer because there's never any substance to his easily disproven claims

He's basically a Mean Girl
Old 04-12-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Trump looks foolish for saying NATO is obsolete only five years from Russian bombs landing just a few miles from Poland, QAnon retard.
Ukraine isn't a part of NATO

Russian bombs only landing on Ukraine during Obama and Biden's watch dipshit

You must be a glutton for punishment
Old 04-12-2022, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ukraine isn't a part of NATO
And for good reason.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the latest desperate attempt at a culture war, some idiots on Youtube told him to do it and he calls absolutely everyone that isn't a right wing moron a Groomer because there's never any substance to his easily disproven claims

It's kind of impressive the influence Fox News talking heads have on their audience to convince them Democratic voters are pedophile groomers and simultaneously to support politicians like Roy Moore and Pedo Gaetz.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ah ok thanks
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine