Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-26-2023, 02:41 AM
Banned

But yea you also can burn a shitload of calories doing work around the house. I’d be interested to have someone try a heart monitor to see how much sometimes. But I never wear them so meh
Old 08-26-2023, 06:46 PM
Banned

Usual hike today was interesting

I got a late start at 10:40am, so it was pretty damn hot. Felt muggy too, but not sure if any humidity

One of the fast regulars I recognize, someone who has actually passed me before, I saw stopped and bent over on one knee, looking around. The thing about the fastest hikers….is not only do they never stop, they also usually never slow down. So to see one stopped can only be a bad sign. The dude hikes without water too. I decided if he’s still there when I’m on my way down to give him my extra water, but when I got back to the spot he was gone, he must have (smartly) turned around

Another dude was also hiking with no goddamn water, looked fit college age, but definitely a first timer, was checking for trail markers to make sure he still on the trail. He ended up having to turn around like 100yards before the summit, and as I saw him on the way down he was getting slower and slower

I had no extra water to give at that point, it was hot as fuck and I drank it all. I worry that something might have happened to him, hope he made it down…
Old 08-26-2023, 08:45 PM
Banned

What the fawk is this??

“Hey yknow that thing we deliberately built to be hard, the sled push? Let’s put wheels on it to make it easier”

What’s next, nitro boost?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2799.jpg (20.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-27-2023, 12:47 AM
Banned

To his credit, I remember the Liver King saying in the email where he listed all his PED’s that his sleep is usually crappy, and loss of sleep can cause temporarily sagging skin

But as someone who I can promise gets worse sleep than him (for example I got almost none last night), my skin doesn’t look nearly that bad

So is it the exclusively meat diet or the $10,000 (per month!) worth of growth hormone and other PED’s he admitted to doing in an e-mail them obviously lied about stopping??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-27-2023 at 12:49 AM..
Old 08-27-2023, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I think it is undeniably easier for rich people to stay fit and/or jacked. From going to $9mo/ bargain gyms to the platinum location of Lifetime ($100/mo*) Fitness, I see a greater ratio of very fit people the higher the likely median income gets. This is probably due to being able to afford all the best food, training, supps, and drugs
the biggest reason it's easier for rich people to stay fit is FREE TIME. i work full time, have a small toddler, a house, a spouse, friends, other hobbies etc. there are very few "free" hours for me to work out. that's why i'm usually doing it from 8-9pm after the kiddo is in bed. i COULD spend that hour watching TV or playing video games, but I have make the sacrifice/choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the fawk is this??

“Hey yknow that thing we deliberately built to be hard, the sled push? Let’s put wheels on it to make it easier”

What’s next, nitro boost?
it probably has brake/resistance built in to the wheels, i would assume
Old 08-28-2023, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the biggest reason it's easier for rich people to stay fit is FREE TIME. i work full time, have a small toddler, a house, a spouse, friends, other hobbies etc. there are very few "free" hours for me to work out. that's why i'm usually doing it from 8-9pm after the kiddo is in bed. i COULD spend that hour watching TV or playing video games, but I have make the sacrifice/choice
Yea, good point

My priorities can be pretty scuffed. I have put working out in front of other opportunities for self-improvement (dating, education, hobbies, etc) over the years when it comes to free time allotment
Old 08-28-2023, 05:20 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it probably has brake/resistance built in to the wheels, i would assume
Yep. Even with no kids I barely have 2h 4 times a week to hit the gym and maybe 1 other day to do some running/biking. Kudos to you for squeezing in time to workout, I dunno if I had the strength to do it with a kid on my hands [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2023, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

First day back in the gym after three weeks of holiday. Ouch.

Muh gainz! Zey are gone!
Old 08-28-2023, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Even with no kids I barely have 2h 4 times a week to hit the gym and maybe 1 other day to do some running/biking. Kudos to you for squeezing in time to workout, I dunno if I had the strength to do it with a kid on my hands [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly, if my main hobby (mountaineering/distance backpacking) didnt require high fitness, i doubt i would be working out ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2023, 09:10 PM
Banned

Despite this guy being bald and from AZ, this is not me lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=