Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-24-2023, 10:13 PM
Kobold

You know you're a nothingburger when you tell players to use lull on non-social mobs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2023, 11:28 PM
Sarnak

did jeff foxworthy die or something?
Old 09-25-2023, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're a 60 pound girl who takes up martial arts lessons (and posts photo's and videos of it online) so you can defend yourself on the streets against a gang of armed men or an out of control dump truck. Why? Cause it's trendy to do martial arts (or pretend to).
My 4yr old daughter started kids karate on Saturday. It was mostly a class of 6-8yr olds but she absolutely smashed it, participated in everything even though she was the smallest in the class and made mistakes, wasn't phased in the slightest at doing exercises with much older children, and was showing off her punches and kicks afterwards. To say I'm proud is an understatement.

If you're bitter at the world and all its imperfections it usually means it's you who is struggling. When you put others down to make yourself feel better, it's your inadequacy that I immediately see, not theirs.

I won't judge you for this -- yet -- because this is a teachable moment. What I think of you will depend on what you do with this information, and whether you choose to better yourself so you can give back to the world instead of poking holes in it.
Old 09-25-2023, 04:14 AM
Banned

I wouldn’t say martial arts are trendy. Or, at least, are AS trendy as they used to be

Martial arts were far more popular during the days of the original Karate Kid and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Nowadays not only are some martial arts like Tae Kwon Do (that I did competitively) deemed not popular enough to remain Olympic sports, many “experts” of martial arts styles claiming their style’s superiority have been thoroughly and publicly humiliated by mediocre MMA fighters

The MMA community, which is more popular than ever, seems to have very little respect for most of the eastern martial art styles like kung fu, wing chun, etc as they just don’t see them as remotely practical or useful in MMA. I’m still a casual MMA fan but the only styles you hear get any respect these days are kickboxing like Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu
Old 09-25-2023, 04:55 AM
Kobold

This is literally the longest post I have ever seen

Read 50 words of it but 10/10 cause of the sheer volume
Old 09-25-2023, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Canny be a nuffinburber wiff a prize like that!
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:24 AM
Orc

This logic train wreck was my favorite----

You call people "holocaust deniers".

and THEN

You promote personal truths, instead of the truth.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only miracle is that I haven't gotten put in a straight jacket and left to die of bloodclots in my own shit and piss after going crazy in public and getting shot by the police.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only miracle is that I haven't gotten put in a straight jacket and left to die of bloodclots in my own shit and piss after going crazy in public and getting shot by the police.
And honestly I'm not sure that it's a miracle that this hasn't happened yet. Or that my psychologist hasn't bakeracted me.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This logic train wreck was my favorite----

You call people "holocaust deniers".

and THEN

You promote personal truths, instead of the truth.
To the victor go the spoils not the fact that a Prominent Jewish architect actually helped design or a concentration camp.