Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-18-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

I created a new forum account so I could add my SMS number but it gives me an error when I try to complete the process. Is this something I should /petition in game about???
Old 07-24-2023, 05:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

evertime i try to add my phone number i get. "This number has been blacklisted for previous verification failures." any way to fix this?
Old 07-25-2023, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteenwayz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
evertime i try to add my phone number i get. "This number has been blacklisted for previous verification failures." any way to fix this?
It does not appear this will be fixed so just play I guess. Just don't forget your password or you will be like the other people on the pages of this thread. I had to start all over again with a new LogIn account cause I don't remember my password and SMS will not work. Some research on the matter points to the unfortunate reality that this issue cannot be fixed.
Last edited by Deathrydar; 07-25-2023 at 12:56 PM..
Old 07-26-2023, 11:26 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does not appear this will be fixed so just play I guess. Just don't forget your password or you will be like the other people on the pages of this thread. I had to start all over again with a new LogIn account cause I don't remember my password and SMS will not work. Some research on the matter points to the unfortunate reality that this issue cannot be fixed.
It can be fixed it looks like most of the development staff is on vacation and no one who wants to fix it can access the forum source code
Old 08-01-2023, 12:25 PM
Server Guide

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=422149
Old 08-29-2023, 09:58 PM
Skeleton

Still need some assistance with this sms system, doesn't validate my number and give me my password recovery. Is there no timeliness for this kind of help. It doesn't register my number, what is the format for this thing? I'd love so to play.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default SMS reset?

IS it possible to reset the SMS for my account?
I know the password for my forum account and the username for the login server but, I am unable to change/update the sms.

Can that be reset so i can put in my cell phone number? I am not receiving an sms code.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i have access to the email I used for the forum page but i need to reset my password for my loginserver sccounts. I need help setting up the SMS number thing because it says it is set up but I got a new number so how do I change the phone number associated with my accounts?
Old 09-16-2023, 02:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am in the same boat. I think the SMS service is broken or something.
I need mine reset or changed as well. I tried every password I think I have ever used and my phone number is the same as it has been for probably 12 years or more.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

There must be hundreds of people at this point with lost access to their account. Please can you just get rid of the SMS system and allow resets through the email like with the forum account.
It's an unnecessary level of protection that's borked.