Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 05:41 AM
Fire Giant

Default Faction hits different from the wiki on three NPCs?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum. But on the Green server I've been working on faction with The Dead in Neriak. My character is a human wizard following Innoruuk and I started apprehensive with them (conned X'Ta Tempi in Neriak FQ). The three NPCs I've been killing for quite a while are Jogl Doobraugh, Trudo Frugrin and Bin Fiddlekins. Each entry on the Wiki has a kill listed as awarding +10 faction to The Dead. Yet I've logged in many hours of killing these gnomes and my standing with the Dead has yet to budge from Apprehensive. I'm just wondering if it is the game or the wiki that is in the wrong here.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

The wiki is often wrong when it comes to faction adjustments

The devs do not update wiki information and programs that could sniff the actual faction adjustments would likely end up getting players banned.

No easy way to figure out the correct adjustments to update the wiki
Old 06-07-2021, 06:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki is often wrong when it comes to faction adjustments

The devs do not update wiki information and programs that could sniff the actual faction adjustments would likely end up getting players banned.

No easy way to figure out the correct adjustments to update the wiki
For sure, I just wish there was a way to know so I didn't end up wasting all of that time.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

There's no way to know the actual faction adjustment values on P99 without looking in the database, that info is not sent to the client.

However, Live EQ began sharing faction adjustment values a few years ago, so if you search the mob on Allakhazam you will often find the faction adjustments in the comments. These should be accurate, and if they aren't, you can file a bug report.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no way to know the actual faction adjustment values on P99 without looking in the database, that info is not sent to the client.

However, Live EQ began sharing faction adjustment values a few years ago, so if you search the mob on Allakhazam you will often find the faction adjustments in the comments. These should be accurate, and if they aren't, you can file a bug report.
well, there is a way but its incredibly tedious. You simply start out a given faction level, let's say dubious, and then kill until apprehensive. The moment you become app you count how many kills it takes you to get to indifferent. While the actual faction hits on the wiki can't be trusted the scale it shows for the various faction levels is correct.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

For the classic/kunark factions I've worked on it seems that all the positive hits are only +1. The velious factions were much easier to modify. Note that this doesn't include killing "key" NPCs like Lucan or whatever.

Just last night I hit dubious to bb dwarf guards and that took ~ 1300 kills.

-Mcoy
Old 06-07-2021, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Damn. Well that's disappointing. Is it every single Eldritch Collective/Keepers of the Art NPC that will only give +1 Dead faction, or can anyone help me out with a better lead than the two gnomes in Lfay? Would it be non-feasible to organize a force to try and destroy the guildleaders at the caster guild in Ak'anon for this purpose?
Old 06-07-2021, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

to be fair to those who have worked on the wiki...

They are imported pages for NPC from alakazam from 2009 - now.

So they likely won't reflect P99, ever.

It's up to the community members to adjust the p99 wiki to reflect P99 accurately.
Note: I did not say reflect classic. P99 is a custom classic server.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-07-2021 at 06:28 PM..
Old 06-09-2021, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

So I'm back again, and at this point I'd like to change the bug report to find out if in fact these guys are giving faction hits at all, rather than just saying they are. I've been killing them for days straight now and my Dead faction has yet to budge from apprehensive. I just want to ensure my faction is actually being recorded and that I'm not totally wasting my time here.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:50 AM
Fire Giant

Alrighty disregard, I finally hit indifferent with Kizdean Gix, so my suspicion just now was unfounded.

Still, this is a crazy grind even in the best scenario, lol.
Closed Thread