Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2020, 11:57 PM
Aviak

Default If EQ3 Hypothetically were in development, what would you suggest?

Hey all. I have a strong inclination that EQ3 is being developed. That being said, give your suggestions. I will personally deliver them to DarkPaw HQ, I live in San Diego 30 minutes away.

My thoughts:

Adventure System:

There is grinding, dungeon crawling, and raids in EQ. What about a new system? What if going outside to travel for quest, there was a RNG random chance for encounters. You could add this as an alternative, which I call adventuring. Wouldn't it make a quest more fun to have several organic experiences like orcs attacking or a dragon coming down to stop you? You could even have RNG zones, like a lost city of gold in a forgotten swamp that appears really rarely and makes you rich. You get the idea. You can turn it off or on depending on how you feel, with RNG bosses, zones, quests etc appearing as you travel.

Art Style:

Why not just copy the art style from the EQ box cover? That's what we all envision as we play no? Why not just render an oil painted EQ for the models etc. Realistic high fantasy that Keith Parkinson (he made the cover) would approve of, done in an oil painted style. This hasn't been done before and would looks freaking awesome.

Post your ideas, will compile them and send them off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]